• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX track

or u could cut a 1.25 down - LOL - i almost cut my 1.6 down - glad i didnt - really like that track - if it didnt fall apart every 1500 miles. cant wait to try the 2 ply version....

If you take a look at the Snowtrax video on the SRX, ( a tested pre-pro as shown by the "track fray" on edges) the close up of the track shows that they have 96 studs. They appear to be at least 1.175's and could be as long as 1.325's. I'm assuming they are Woody's as they are sold thru Yamaha accessories. I can't recall ever seeing a Yamaha "headquarters" sled having studs for public viewing. At the Barrie show, as soon as I mentioned studding, the rep immediately went into the "we don't recommend studding" any of our tracks proclamation. This showing appears to be only for the media and not for public consumption. 96 studs is pretty light and with the height above lug that appears at the 2:18 mark, this seems to go against the general studding rules and may be a recipe for pull-outs and exchanger damage.

had alot of issues with the 1" hacksaw also - seems theres like 17 different kinds or something reticulated... im just SO done with 1" TRACKS - wouldnt get the srx because of it - and those 3 fancy super expensive shocks,,, and 1 steel shock --- whats up with that - they inserted a steel crap shock in the front of skid...
Shock works amazing we just change the crap track for a 1.5" storm 150

Last edited:
It’s not a steel shock! It’s a fully rebuildable/revalvable aluminum body shock. Just freshened one up.

I will be changing out my track this year. The 1 incher with 192 Woodys chisels is fantastic on shaved ice, but drag racing in the snow, my 17 XTX holeshots the hell on me running a 1.75 lug with sno pro studs. I will probably go with something in between.

Back