• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX trail mods

Sledroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX LE
2017 SW LTX LE
I am expecting to get my 22 spring order SRX and am looking for advice .
I plan on getting a 240 or 270 SS Hurricane tune , along with a 1.5" track , and studs.
Mostly trail ridden and feel that I want/need more traction to take advantage of the increase in low end grunt .
Comments appreciated .

I had a 1.5 track for trail riding and loved it. I bought the Storm 1.5. It worked well on my stock Sidewinder BUT once I started to turn up the power the lugs started to fold and the track really stretched.
The next 1.5 track I buy will be the Ripsaw 1.5

I had a 1.5 track for trail riding and loved it. I bought the Storm 1.5. It worked well on my stock Sidewinder BUT once I started to turn up the power the lugs started to fold and the track really stretched.
The next 1.5 track I buy will be the Ripsaw 1.5
On my previous SW when , I replaced the 1.25 track with one that had shorter studs , I noticed the difference , so I plan on putting in longer than normally recommended for the Ripsaw 1.5 .
What size studs did you have , if any ?

IMO, if you want to take advantage of a bigger lug track, then run the 24/50 TCAT gearing. Get a Muffler tune over the SM with the 270SS for more bottom end. I would also opt for a 1.25 ripsaw II track (full bar) with 1.625 studs.

I am expecting to get my 22 spring order SRX and am looking for advice .
I plan on getting a 240 or 270 SS Hurricane tune , along with a 1.5" track , and studs.
Mostly trail ridden and feel that I want/need more traction to take advantage of the increase in low end grunt .
Comments appreciated .
My spring order SRX was cancelled , but I was lucky to find one in January , to save my riding season .
No time to do any track changes , so rode it stock . Couldn't find a 1.5" track .
Great sled , but the 1" track is an issue , as anticipated .
Too much spinning and less braking than desired .
The track is OK , but nothing on this sled should just be ok , hence the change for next year .
This , as is , is not the best trail riding model , it just looks so damn good !!!!
My LTX-GT EPS was also cancelled , so I didn't even get a chance to decide on which one to keep , as intended .

Back