• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs Mach Z does this seem accurate ?

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
:D

20210228_082850.jpg

Unless this version of the 900T is running on the edge of what's a safe margin of error on 91 octane as far as state of tune and boost level goes, they aren't gonna make up the 100cc deficit and be at, or well north of 204 horse to be a threat.

They probably have the thing geared lower and clutched more aggressively to accelerate better( along with the 2 step) and give the false impression it's faster.

LOL.. Ski Doo already knows how they stack up against the Winder, all they need is the jump on the Winder from the start to hold it at bay, as you all have seen they addressed that.

NO MATTER what's faster it will generate sales for doo.. And more importantly it will drive others to 4 stroke turbos as someone else mentioned on here.. And it should push other companies to innovate and improve.. Win win for everyone.. Still no Doo motor will compare to the 998 Yamaha as far as longevity and being overbuilt to handle "tunes".. :die

NO MATTER what's faster it will generate sales for doo.. And more importantly it will drive others to 4 stroke turbos as someone else mentioned on here.. And it should push other companies to innovate and improve.. Win win for everyone.. Still no Doo motor will compare to the 998 Yamaha as far as longevity and being overbuilt to handle "tunes".. :die
I agree....No current Doo motor. The 998 Yami/Cat crowd should be thankful Doo dropped the 1200, talk about a motor overbuilt full of potential. Would be a different story if the new Mach came with that. Oh well, any competition is good!

Going to be a lot of butt hurt Winder guys around here if Yamaha doesn't up the boost a little bit stock for stock I guess.

What are you going to do when/if the Doo does outrun the stock winder? I only know one guy who has a stock one around here and he admits to getting beat by the 850's. I don't know how much that POS 1.6" cobra track is hurting him, nor do I care about a stock sled, but I've told him to check for leaks and all, but the 850 guys sure razz him about it. If he's out front they actually drive around him! Its a Thundercat 9000 someone put a 1.6" cobra on, no studs and you can hear it spinning, next year he'll have a 1.25" with studs so he'll find out if its the track, because he can find no leaks on it, but to get outrun by an 850 its a real slug.

Going to be a lot of butt hurt Winder guys around here if Yamaha doesn't up the boost a little bit stock for stock I guess.

What are you going to do when/if the Doo does outrun the stock winder? I only know one guy who has a stock one around here and he admits to getting beat by the 850's. I don't know how much that POS 1.6" cobra track is hurting him, nor do I care about a stock sled, but I've told him to check for leaks and all, but the 850 guys sure razz him about it. If he's out front they actually drive around him! Its a Thundercat 9000 someone put a 1.6" cobra on, no studs and you can hear it spinning, next year he'll have a 1.25" with studs so he'll find out if its the track, because he can find no leaks on it, but to get outrun by an 850 its a real slug.
Ya you think he's definitely got a problem my 2020 Winder is bone stock and I have paddled every 850'S azz that was stupid enough to run there mouth.

I can't process quicke enough anymore over a hundred, and when it hooks up, I have to hang on bigly, and acceleration is beyond excellent, and been getting a hair over 15 mpg with 3500 miles on, handling is very good, ride is great, one spring adjustment makes a difference, so guess I'm pretty happy with it, as long as any cat dna issues stay dormant! I'd consider another winder!!
Really really like it for the area I ride.

I kept my Winder stock except for a clutch spring change and felt it had all the power I ever wanted. I think the new 900tr engine will have around the same power as a stock Winder just based on what I've heard and the fact it's stock with 17.4 lbs of boost. As far as a boosted Winder goes I think it will blow away the new Mach and I don't think the new Mach engine will have the ability to be tuned anywhere near the power of a tuned Winder.
I would say a stock Winder will have it's hands full with a Mach but a tuned one will destroy it. Since most of you guys are tuned the first pic on this thread is pretty accurate.

My 17 ZR 9000 129 is stock just my clutching, have yet to lose a race even from the start. Just raced a late model 800 assault they say they are fast, told him to hit it first at about 80 passed him so fast thought he let up. When I asked him don't let off this time he said the hell I did and these sleds aren't even close not racing again

Ski doo chassis is way more efficient, not sure exactly/precisely why. So that's something to keep in mind...

Back