• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stabilizer bar link mounted ice scratchers

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
I won a set of the Yamaha SMA-ICESC-02-ST ice scratchers at the 2019 Give Away Ride and was finally looking at mounting them on my Nytro tonight. Has anybody mounted these to the stabilizer bar link per the option in the instructions? It looks like a clean simple way and effective place to mount them. However, not sure how you store them up when you dont want to run them? Thx G.B.

I had them on my Nytro, very effective for cooling. I hung a large tie wrap around the lower A arm to stow them when not in use. But I think it's SLP that has a clean looking stow option available.

Cushion clamps 1 1/4" or 1 1/2". Find a home for the clamp behind the scratcher and bolt (SS machine screw, nylon nut) the clamp then just feed the scratcher though the clamp to hold them up.

Thanks Pstn head and sab2020. After reading both of your posts I did a little more searching and found these that might do the trick?
1639185553892.png

Well this is probably not what you are looking for, but I use mine on the link bar as well. However, I do not like them to be pulled up and retained when not in use as a I believe they lose some of their spring when held up under stress. So I just remove mine. I use a bolt with the nut hand tightened to hold them in place and the bolt has a hole drilled in it just behind the nut and a spring clip put in the hole. This keeps the nut from loosing up and since the nut is only hand tight, no tools are required. I can install or remove them in around a minute with no issues. I have used them this way for three years now and have had no issues with this setup.

Well this is probably not what you are looking for, but I use mine on the link bar as well. However, I do not like them to be pulled up and retained when not in use as a I believe they lose some of their spring when held up under stress. So I just remove mine. I use a bolt with the nut hand tightened to hold them in place and the bolt has a hole drilled in it just behind the nut and a spring clip put in the hole. This keeps the nut from loosing up and since the nut is only hand tight, no tools are required. I can install or remove them in around a minute with no issues. I have used them this way for three years now and have had no issues with this setup.
Thanks provfisherman! I like that idea a lot, thanks for sharing. Could you post a pic of your scratchers installed? Was wondering if they should mount on the inside or outside of the stab bar links? G.B.

Thanks provfisherman! I like that idea a lot, thanks for sharing. Could you post a pic of your scratchers installed? Was wondering if they should mount on the inside or outside of the stab bar links? G.B.
Well no picture possible for a week or two as I will be busy with family during the season. But as to whether or not to put on the inside or outside, honestly, I don't really pay any attention to that. As long as the shouldered side of the scratcher is against the link bar (so it doesn't move up or down) and the point is facing down, all is good.
On mine, there is a slight cant to the orientation between the point and the shouldered end and I sometimes pay attention to that, but I am not sure if that is the same for all of them or just unique to mine because of the twist in the cable.

Back