• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stage 6 build

What gas are you planning on running? I wouldn't trust my local 91 for that tune. IMO, minimum 95 octane, maybe more?
Yes, I know what they advertise but where I live, the gas has gotten worse and worse even though it says 91 or 92 on pump.
Should be a rocket!!

What gas are you planning on running? I wouldn't trust my local 91 for that tune. IMO, minimum 95 octane, maybe more?
Yes, I know what they advertise but where I live, the gas has gotten worse and worse even though it says 91 or 92 on pump.
Should be a rocket!!
93 pump. Of course I'm going to keep an eye on it. Should be able to run 22 lbs on it.

I might have missed it but is this a more snow drag or radar focused build?

More progress, valve lash checked, 1 valve out of spec. 13000km on the sled. ARP head studs torqued to 65 ft lbs. The top left set at 82mm or roughly 3 turns out. Once you install it rotate the motor slowly to verify the stud is clearing the water pump gear. All others backed out 1 full turn. Red loctite installed. When torquing they will turn slightly. Not much you can do.

Next was cam timing. It was a little tricky, took me a couple hours to figure it out, 1am when I finished. Will be double and triple checking it tonight before the valve cover goes on. Follow the shop manual for this. All in all not too bad of a job. Take your time and invest in the right tools. This was my first time opening up a 4 stroke.

Thanks to my friends Travis, Brian and Prevost Performance for answering my million questions.
20210922_004939.jpg

Last edited:
did you put manual tentioner in? and the heavy dutty chain? thats what Mike at TD did for mine. i put 25/45 gears in mine... larger radius less rolling resitance and more teeth in chain.

did you put manual tentioner in? and the heavy dutty chain? thats what Mike at TD did for mine. i put 25/45 gears in mine... larger radius less rolling resitance and more teeth in chain.
Manual tensioner yes but I didn't upgrade the timing chain.

More progress, valve lash checked, 1 valve out of spec. 13000km on the sled. ARP head studs torqued to 65 ft lbs. The top left set at 82mm or roughly 3 turns out. Once you install it rotate the motor slowly to verify the stud is clearing the water pump gear. All others backed out 1 full turn. Red loctite installed. When torquing they will turn slightly. Not much you can do.

Next was cam timing. It was a little tricky, took me a couple hours to figure it out, 1am when I finished. Will be double and triple checking it tonight before the valve cover goes on. Follow the shop manual for this. All in all not too bad of a job. Take your time and invest in the right tools. This was my first time opening up a 4 stroke.

Thanks to my friends Travis, Brian and Prevost Performance for answering my million questions.
View attachment 162714
Who/where did you get the torque specs for ARP studs? When I installed mine 3 years ago, ARP told me 12-25-55. First time I've heard 65.

Back