• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stage 6 build

I'm guessing the difference is your saying 65 ft.lb. using one of TD's "HD" head gaskets? The 55 I've been using is for a stock Yamaha head gasket.

Reassembly day.
20210925_101229.jpg

Looks like maybe some of the vent slats in in the top of the tunnel are bent shut or close to it? Are you gonna straighten them out? Lots of these tunnels do this from ice chunks. Most of the ones I work on I have to open them back up.

Looks like maybe some of the vent slats in in the top of the tunnel are bent shut or close to it? Are you gonna straighten them out? Lots of these tunnels do this from ice chunks. Most of the ones I work on I have to open them back up.
Ya I usually have to open some of them up every time I have the gas tank off.

TD header installed. A little trimming of the heat shield required but it went together quite easily. Turbo with upgraded wastegate installed. Exhaust side complete. Intake side tomorrow. Taking my time and triple checking everything.
20210925_130623_copy_756x1008.jpg
20210925_105332_copy_756x1008.jpg

when i had my tank off, i put more reflective heat barrier on front of tank, the header puts out alot of heat... as well as i covered rubber hose to left of header with heat shield material., another good thing is where seat sits, i cleaned and covered entire area with strips of the clear gorilla duct tape... its almost identical to 3M that you put on front of cars.... it will stop that gray crap that appears aftyer a ride running dwm side of tunnel, its also good for any where hood rubs.... since its clear you cant see it.

Intake side completed today. New boost controller installed along with TD silicone charge tubes.
20210926_102231_copy_756x1008.jpg
20210926_141647_copy_756x1008.jpg
20210926_210135_copy_756x1008.jpg
20210926_210154_copy_756x1008.jpg

What torque spec did you use for your head studs? Nice build

when i had my tank off, i put more reflective heat barrier on front of tank, the header puts out alot of heat... as well as i covered rubber hose to left of header with heat shield material., another good thing is where seat sits, i cleaned and covered entire area with strips of the clear gorilla duct tape... its almost identical to 3M that you put on front of cars.... it will stop that gray crap that appears aftyer a ride running dwm side of tunnel, its also good for any where hood rubs.... since its clear you cant see it.
More info on this please??

Back