• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Start after Storage...

Arctic_Sheep

Country
Norway
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture RS 2008
Hi,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2008 Venture RS - and of course now that I tried to kick off the season, it wouldnt start. The former owner told me to squirt some gasoline into the fuel intake (see picture). I havent tried that yet, but I was wondering about that fuel line vent trick I read about here in the forum. Could somebody point out where to find that vent line? The owners manual doesnt really say...

Clipboard022.jpg

The vent trick works great.
It's been many years since I had the carbed Venture.
I believe it's under the hood, in front of your left knee. just unhook it, blow in it, hard, with your lungs, not an air compressor.
Then plug the hose with your tongue or thumb.
Start it!

Hi,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2008 Venture RS - and of course now that I tried to kick off the season, it wouldnt start. The former owner told me to squirt some gasoline into the fuel intake (see picture). I havent tried that yet, but I was wondering about that fuel line vent trick I read about here in the forum. Could somebody point out where to find that vent line? The owners manual doesnt really say...

Clipboard022.jpg
I’ve never had much luck with the vent line pressurizing but have had very good success using a spray bottle&after removing the airbox lid spray fresh fuel in all of the carb throats&it should take right off

At the start of the season I had to hit my 2008 Vector LTX with a blast of starting fluid in the air box. Started right up after that, after a bit of an erratic idle it settled right down and has been easy to start ever since.

I pop of one of the fuel lines leading to the carbs and pour about a third of a cup of gas in with a small funnel to fill the bowls. pops right off after that. The large vent tubes on these carbs tend to dry out the bowls pretty fast. I necked mine down to 1/8".

Back