• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Start service soon!

Chris Rose

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder stx-DX with TD/Max 16 stock muffler
WEBSITE
chrisjrose2018@@gmail.com
Hi, I'm just letting people know that they should be servicing their sleds soon. I was at my dealer today and it's hard to get parts orders in a couple of days. A chaincase seal is on order for 8 weeks now from Yamaha for the artic cat chaincase. The person on parts said that no cat sleds coming and 18 Yamaha sleds are coming but most are small child size. The lot is nearly empty.

Thats really going to hurt guys that are waiting for parts..

True that!!! And it's not any better for non Yamacats. Your only hope is that another US warehouse has the item in stock but from my own personal experience, too often than not, the parts have to be shipped from Japan. Heck I needed a part for my 2018 Apex XTX and when it went on backorder I contacted Yamaha and was told the part was a zero stock item. Not that it had been discontinued already but that there was no available stock in any of the US warehouse or Japan and I had to wait on the part being made. :dunno: The part was ordered in Mar. 1 and finally received it Aug. 3.

Heard the same thing directly from one of my local dealers. Riding buddy snow checked a 2021 Doo XRS 850 and he was told it may not be until December before it arrives. Dealer also said no more rebates on leftovers after this round expires. Not enough new sleds in the chain so manufacturers are expecting to be able to maintain pricing.

Bought a 2002 Polaris Classic 500 for my kids to ride this winter. Need some minor work so I am going to get going on it now.

All true. I have Kimpex and Gamma and often when I order parts they are out of stock on many items.
One thing that is good, is the choices online seem to improve every year, Amazon and Ebay and others sure does help. Shipping worldwide is surprisingly fast also.
On Sep 9 I ordered a complete wheel assembly on Ebay for an older Honda bike. It was in Bangkok, Thailand, and it showed up yesterday!

Back