• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter problem on 2009 rs Venture Gt

mikeyrules

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rs Venture Gt
Anyone here replaced a starter on these Venture Gt.From what i read the motor must be lifted...Does any of you have a better way of doing this.
Any advice will help.
Thanks in advance..!!

Hi guys. I just did the starter on my 06. Mine would intermittently crank slow. Took about 4 hours. I did it by
Removing air box- front engine mounts-oil filter, thats it. -lifted motor up and forword- starter slid out-in. It was tight but it went much better then expected. Also swapped solenoid. Runs perfect. Noticed before I changed starter, sled would start if tipped on right side. Never on left side, but almost 100% on right. May help someone from getting stuck on the trail, if they all do this ( when slow crank is the issue) Disassmbled starter, just wore out. Hope this helps someone avoid spending 1500 bucks at the dealer.
Cheers all.

I did mine yesterday,i removed all motor mount bolts,tight spot to work,but its done and working fine.
Bought the starter at Royal Distributing for $119.00+tax.Total cost with new oil filter and a liter of oil $162.00.

Back