• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter problem?

Thanks guys! Went to the Yamaha dealer to get my solenoid for my APEX but all they keep in stock anymore is basic stuff (filters and oil). Have to order anything else and wait 3 days. Can't blame them though as the net has really changed things for them I am sure. I'll be nervous until it gets replaced as I am sure its the original.

Moderators if you want to move this thread to the Vector forum feel free :). If not that is OK too..

I have come up with a new question. I know this sounds really bad but now knowing somewhat how the starter and clutch work, what do you think of me turning the key and engaging the starter after it starts for a split second or two. I did this today and it seemed fine and I could tell the starter did not stay on. I would only do this until I get my new solenoid installed. Thoughts?

It is your sled. Just like turning them backwards. May not be an issue for some but it has happened.
I am not willing to take that chance. Do you feel lucky.

Back