• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter Relay Wiring

1999 Fatboy

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha SR Viper LTX-DX
Had to replace the starter relay on my 2018 viper and failed to make myself a diagram, there is a small red wire from a wiring harness that attaches to one side of the relay, I think it goes on the side with the large red cable that goes to the positive battery terminal cable but can't be sure, please help, thanks in advance.

Had to replace the starter relay on my 2018 viper and failed to make myself a diagram, there is a small red wire from a wiring harness that attaches to one side of the relay, I think it goes on the side with the large red cable that goes to the positive battery terminal cable but can't be sure, please help, thanks in advance.

Yes thats power.

Where can I find photos or pics showing wiring connections without having to try and read a schematic which I can't do?

The only place I know of is in the Manual, you should be able to read the schematic too that's provided in that manual. I have hard time reading them too but I zoom them on the PC and then I use a Snip tool on the areas I need printed.

All is good after replacing the starter relay, a friend sent me a pic of his wiring to make sure I got it right. Buyers beware of purchasing parts on EBay that claim to be OEM replacements, in my case, the wiring harness plug in was different than stock, lesson learned, spend a few extra bucks and get OEM when it comes to electrical.

All is good after replacing the starter relay, a friend sent me a pic of his wiring to make sure I got it right. Buyers beware of purchasing parts on EBay that claim to be OEM replacements, in my case, the wiring harness plug in was different than stock, lesson learned, spend a few extra bucks and get OEM when it comes to electrical.

That is true, I have never seen broad endorsement of aftermarket electrical in any of the forums. Usually just the opposite.

Back