• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Status Update for Sidewinder: Luggage Bags, LE Goggle Bags and Rear Skid

NO ADDICT...we got switched to a standard skid...no extra wheels...no beefed up rails...heavy duty cross shafts etc..

first image is what we were promised...second is their reply

Okee dokee, back to being pi$$ed off all over again. Thanks (I guess. )

he's talking the dual outside the rail front wheels ...

two things Yamaha acts quickly on...potential liability and lawyers...I hate to go there...but the B.S. reply has me frosted..
Believe me SJ I feel exactly how you do, but here's my fear. Do we really want to kick yammie(snowmobile division) while they're down? Rumors have them sweeping up and getting ready to turn off the lights. If they put out their flagship sled and a large group get together and start legal action they just might say....that's it! Close up shop!

I see your point...but wrong is wrong...

you cant play scared poker...or you lose...

and...if this is all it takes to topple them...they arent meant to be in sleds and we'll have the last of the yammies...

otherwise, we are setting a precidence where they can say and do whatever and just blow us off when they lie....and then blame us.....wait..that sounds like hillary? lol I digress..

Reactions: AXR
I still think its Cat that makes these calls. Wish I could see exactly what the Mutual Agreement entails. I dont think Yamaha has a clue and the Cat guys at least at dealer level have never known what was being changed till they open the crate. The Cat guys are used to it. Show me one post of complaining when the 15 rr's,Tucker Hiberts and XC sleds lost the High/Low on the Evols. Nothing. It was not good here for the RTX LE spring buyers when thiers showed up without them. Never heard a complaint in 16 when they put a new motor in without saying anything. Or when in 14 they changed the geometry of the regular 129 skid which worked fine for most. Not saying its right but its what Cat has a history of doing to spring buyers.

Believe me SJ I feel exactly how you do, but here's my fear. Do we really want to kick yammie(snowmobile division) while they're down? Rumors have them sweeping up and getting ready to turn off the lights. If they put out their flagship sled and a large group get together and start legal action they just might say....that's it! Close up shop!
Lol, realy!!!
#$%&* them ... do what do you have to do!

We all own ARTIC-CAT sled anyways. YAMAHA Is done in snowmobile buisness

Last edited:
I agree the rr skid was way to hard For me 75 percent trails. But I know a guy who is over 60 and his viper with regular skid snaped the rear shaft. That group of guys do not run very hard. His viper was a 14 (not rr). I'm wondering if there is better shafts in the 17's. I Sold my viper and waiting to see what happens next year by yamaha. I was thinking about snow checking SW LE but glad I because this would the reason I would get the LE. Maybe they have tricks up there sleeve for next year hopefully.I think there is more to it than we know. I have money saved up for new sled but trying to avoid two stroke.

Last edited:
And adjustment. The RR skid in consumer sleds is not a snox skid anymore. They started watering it down 3 years ago and have softened it up every year since.

Sxr your right but it was the package.That shock came with the skid.

Last edited:
I think he was pointing out that even though they needed new frames, Toyota ponied up & fully paid for brand new frame. My bud has a whole spanking new frame & they paid for rental truck while being done.
That was my point exactly!

The cats will be exactly the same skid wise. You have said that yourself. Maybe different shocks for models. I highly doubt the 129 will not have the RR skid. That was shown at Haydays. The XC cat has a RR watered down skid. Anyone want to make a bet the Viper RTX LE and The Sidewinder RTX LE has the watered down RR skid? If in fact they do then obviously this letter is also wrong. Have to ask what that means. We will see shortly.

Ok explain?
The Arctic Cat R-XC skid is nothing like anything that has ever been in any "Yamaha" branded sled that has been produced by Arctic Cat in the last 4 years. The real AC snowcross skid has NEVER been any where near the anything remotely Branded "Yamaha". The "race proven" bullshit in the "Yamaha" ads is just that. That is why the "Yamaha" XC race team has folded again....

The Arctic Cat R-XC skid is nothing like anything that has ever been in any "Yamaha" branded sled that has been produced by Arctic Cat in the last 4 years. The real AC snowcross skid has NEVER been any where near the anything remotely Branded "Yamaha". The "race proven" bullshit in the "Yamaha" ads is just that. That is why the "Yamaha" XC race team has folded again....

That's not why...it's because they usa, and the money are gone...

Back