• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering issue, flexes alot.

Peter_7903

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha sr viper M-tx
I have changet the upper steering block and still it's not okey.
The bracket at the bottom of the steering post is very weak and flexes ALOT, and this allows the bars to turn but not the skis.
Is there any solution to it

Had the same problem. You probably have to change the bracket for the steering post. Yamaha sells kits with additional reinforcing brackets.
If it flexes then do yourself a favor and check it asap, my was 2mm from snaping which would have lead to a catastrofic steering failiure.

Had the same issue. If you mean left/right slack. There is a nut at the bottom of the steering post assembly that has to be tightened. Also, the steering rod is connected to a plate, and the plate is connected to the frame with aluminum pop rivets (behind the front shock on muffler side). On mine you could see that the pop rivets where going loose. If you have someone try to turn the steering left/right while you inspect the pop rivets, they can be inspected on the frame behind the front shock on muffler side. I had to change the aluminum pop rivets as they moved a bit in/out while turning the steering post.

As i understand, changing the steering bracket at the top only fixes if your steering is loose up/down - not left/right.

Back