• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steering Post Mounting Bracket Kit vs Handle bar alignment.

meklke

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper
I replaced the Steering Post Mounting Bracket Kit, after a complete failure of the bracket. After all was put back together my handle bars and skis are about 10 degrees out of alignment. What did a miss?

I have a friend that just did his Crosstour 7000 and when he was done he had to move the tie rods all the way out on one side and all the way in on the other side. He swears that he did it correctly. I did two Vipers and no issues at all what so ever. Strange.

There is a tab that needs to be lined up. I have not found the patience to tear it all apart again.
1673980170060.png

I have a friend that just did his Crosstour 7000 and when he was done he had to move the tie rods all the way out on one side and all the way in on the other side. He swears that he did it correctly. I did two Vipers and no issues at all what so ever. Strange.
1673980224733.png

There are to of these bracket kits. One for 4-stroke and one for 2-stroke. I got the 2-stroke kit not knowing any better. The handle bar is way out of wack. To fix it you need the 2-stroke drag link which is a different length than the 4-stroke.

OR take it all apart and install the proper 4-stroke kit.

There are to of these bracket kits. One for 4-stroke and one for 2-stroke. I got the 2-stroke kit not knowing any better. The handle bar is way out of wack. To fix it you need the 2-stroke drag link which is a different length than the 4-stroke.

OR take it all apart and install the proper 4-stroke kit.
Do you happen to know the part number for the 2-stroke drag link?

You will need an Arctic Cat 1605-072 Drag Link, 112.6 mm. This is the 2-Stroke unit.

Your sled would have an Arctic Cat 1605-109 Drag Link, 106 mm. This is the 4-stroke unit.

The post mount at the bottom is in slightly different locations requiring different length drag links. I have no idea why they did this. The 2-stroke bracket and drag link works just fine and does not hit anything.

You and I will have the only sleds with 2-stroke steering.

Back