• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

steering/ studs

elliotts

wondering if anyone here has had to change the steering knuckle assembly (piece that holds the ski) and if you had, is there anywhere to get it aftermaket..

has anyone here put studs in the lug on the 1.5 freeride, wondering if its worth putting on

Can't speak for the knuckle, but I put Stud Boy 1.625" power points in my freeride and it works great.

freerideinstalled.jpg

Here is what mine look like. I designed and installed mine the first year the sled was out before Yamaha released their tunnel protectors for the sled. In my opinion that should have been something the designed and released with the sled, given how many people put studs in their sleds.

And yes I have since closed the holes in the tunnel.

tunnelpanel4.jpg

Nobody is going to make an aftermarket spindle/knucke for this. In fact Im race quads (which are MUCH higher valume and demand) and nobody makes them for those either. Gonna have to see the dealer and/or salvege yard. BTW be carefull what you get from salvage cause Ive bought many steering/and suspension parts from salvage and EVERY part has been bent in one way or another....couldnt tell untill bolted on.
Plus they seem to be weak in the first place.

There are few compinys that make after market A-Arms, some are shorter or longer then stock. As well they make spindles for stock and aftermarket a-arms, and long/shorter fo shocks for the a-arms.

It looks like the timbersled bark buster spindles only work with The after market A-Arms becaues they use diffrent ball joints.

Back