• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stiff gloves

buddah

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder B-TX LE
I bought a pair of Yamaha badged gauntlets made by FXR earlier this season...completely large enough for my hands (3XL) but they are extremely stiff....as in after a single ride my arthritic fingers were so sore I haven't used the damn things at all since...and they weren't cheap....

Any "quick fix" to soften the bastages up??? TIA!!

you could try oiling them or waxing them with waterproofing stuff and tie them around a shovel handle.

Give them to the dog.

Sorry, I've wanted to say that for the last two days. Back in the day when hockey shin pads were mail order catalogues held up with mason jar sealing rings I had one item of store bought gear and those were leather gloves that had wooden dowel gauntlets. Every season they got softened up with Dubbin. I would warn that some of the wax sealers are really meant for hiking boots and are formulated not to soften leather.

Still think the dog would work too.

Use baseball glove dressing. Can't remember who makes it but someone has a spray on foam. You work it in and let sit overnight. Came in a small few oz. can might have been Franklin. With about 2 applications it would soften a brand new glove to years of use softness. Heard some used shaving cream as an alternative

Might help too to roll up the fingers and taping them after treating the gloves. I've seen companies advertising "pre-bent" fingers for work gloves. Might help with these.

15524500101101107478123477681167.jpg

Found an old can of it!

Back