• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stiff suspension

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
17’ Yamaha sidewinder
i have a ltx dx 137 with the shitty coil overs on it. Any way I can stiffen the back end without buying new springs at 200$ a side? I’m a bigger guy and seems to bottom out too often for my liking.

PM Cannondale on here, see if he can do anything with those shocks

Rear torsion springs are too soft for heavier than 180 lbs. without changing them and stiffening shocks will be hard on the shocks

Rear torsion springs are too soft for heavier than 180 lbs. without changing them and stiffening shocks will be hard on the shocks
Not true. I do more than just valving to the 2.0 standard shock. You can have plush and not bottom even well over 180lbs.

Yea I was told I need to change torsion spring setting or springs all together first. And then do shocks if I wanted

Not true. I do more than just valving to the 2.0 standard shock. You can have plush and not bottom even well over 180lbs.
I have a LTX-DX also and it rides fine for now but @220 I am bottoming on 2 occasionally. I will go to 3 on my next outing. I will probably do a re valve etc for next year. Should the center and front shocks be done as well or should I just try to find QS3's. I am 55 now and don't ride super aggressive any more. Looking for a nice smooth ride with bottoming resistance.

I have a LTX-DX also and it rides fine for now but @220 I am bottoming on 2 occasionally. I will go to 3 on my next outing. I will probably do a re valve etc for next year. Should the center and front shocks be done as well or should I just try to find QS3's. I am 55 now and don't ride super aggressive any more. Looking for a nice smooth ride with bottoming resistance.
I have the same sled and I am 240.Around 5000 miles so far. I want the same things you do Getting 5 inches of sit in on level 3. Also rebound is too slow. Sled is in right now for new stiffer springs and Elka stage 2 up front and stage 3 for middle and back. I will report back on the difference

Even on my ltx-le my springs are way to soft,i am on high or #3 and am 250#lbs maybe dressed,i am on the blocks almost just sitting there.

Center and rear. Especially rear. Like I said if your Dx has 2.0 rear I can make that shock as good ride as Axis. 1.5 rear not so much but still a improvement. That Arctic Chat article fails to mention that they revalved the 16 and up AND changed springs. A huge omission.

Even on my ltx-le my springs are way to soft,i am on high or #3 and am 250#lbs maybe dressed,i am on the blocks almost just sitting there.
Get the springs from rtx or Pete I will trade you my originals. PM me your address I will get them in mail. Free for my buddy!

Also don’t forget you may have drilled rear mount holes just a hair off. It makes a huge difference. But we will make it work.

Also don’t forget you may have drilled rear mount holes just a hair off. It makes a huge difference. But we will make it work.
Yes,as far as holes go,i feel the front mount hole needs to be drilled up further,the stock hole in this 162 tunnel,is forward and up an inch from where we drilled our hole. So the springs you have from the viper are stiffer than my winder? Steve this sled is becoming a toilet,yesterday I was able to put on 170 miles,of varieng conditions,deep snow,ungroomed tight twisty trails,to wide open wind blown lakes,to wide flat fresh groomed trails,and overall I wouls have to rate it a 5 out of 10,speed,i think my stock ape would eat it bad on top end,only could get to 101 gps in maybe 2500 rr grade groomed trail. Rpms were 9200-9500 from a dig,depending on conditions to 9000 than 8800. My bud had his pro r 800 poo poo,and we would stay togeather till 80 tha I walked until I saw 110 speedo 101 gps.

Back