• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still Riding?

Ruggybuggy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer FX 144
We just got a bast from a Colorado low which dumped around 30cm of snow. I should be riding until the middle of April. There still a good three and a half feet of snow on the ground. First time I've been able to ride in April.

IMG_0494%255B1%255D.JPG

Honda trying to clean the drive.

IMG_0505%255B1%255D.JPG

The ride home from work today. Sometimes I think I live in the best part of the country. I get to ride my sled to work which is right in the city (pop 17,000).

IMG_0503%255B1%255D.JPG

Still riding here in Maine looks like the last weekend but for first week in April I'll take it

;)!

timebomb said:
I ride to work but don't work in a city or town for that matter. How do you get to work in a city?

There is a creek that runs through the centre of town which gets me about 5 blocks from work. I use an alley that takes me right to work.

Cool. Similar to my ride to work. The river across the road from my house runs about a mile from my work. Just hit the river and go, about 15 miles. Nice fast ride. Lol. I can still ride to work but my wife won't let me. She says its April now and I shouldn't be on the ice. Lol. I tell her there is 2 ft but she doesn't care. Lol

we have been done riding here about a month ago. Up until this morning there is almost zero snow around. Today it is supposed to snow 5" but it will be warm and I don't think it will be rideable.

nswsparky said:
we have been done riding here about a month ago. Up until this morning there is almost zero snow around. Today it is supposed to snow 5" but it will be warm and I don't think it will be rideable.

It always amazes me the only a short 4 hour drive away there is no snow directly south of us. It has warmed up here but we still have a good 3 1/2' of hard packed snow to melt. You need to load the truck and drive north. :sled1:

I think in northern mn they still have rideable snow but I live more towards the south of the state in the plains. Already took the battery out and put it in the dual sport motorcycle.

Sparky, where are you at? Southern tip of Mille Lacs seems to have gotten snow for the past three weeks.

Trails are closed, but that club groomed all the way up to the final weekend in March.

We went up to Blackduck last weekend and ripped out 150 miles.

Nice to see Dave, how's the motor been?

We still got a couple feet left about an hour away up on Tug Hill but warm ups & no grooming it's not worth the beating anymore with a bad back & breaking the sled.
Bike season now....

biffdotorg said:
Sparky, where are you at? Southern tip of Mille Lacs seems to have gotten snow for the past three weeks.

Trails are closed, but that club groomed all the way up to the final weekend in March.

I am down by the Willmar area. The latest day we went 4 weeks ago the trails were getting pretty dirty.

porkchop said:
Nice to see Dave, how's the motor been?

We still got a couple feet left about an hour away up on Tug Hill but warm ups & no grooming it's not worth the beating anymore with a bad back & breaking the sled.
Bike season now....

Not one issue with the motor. I sold about $1200 in parts from it so it worked out very well. The last part I took was the back half of the tunnel to fill in my extended Phazer. All that's left of your sled is the front half of the tunnel. Rest in peace little blue Phazer.

That's awesome, glad it worked out in the end.
Funny as I was looking at erasing some of my photobucket albums & I had many good adventures on that machine and the occasional frustration of down time as well.
Agreed, RIP blue thumper! ;)!

nswsparky said:
biffdotorg said:

I am down by the Willmar area. The latest day we went 4 weeks ago the trails were getting pretty dirty.

Yup, I put a fork in the season too. Did some maintenance while the battery was charging in my motorcycle. Once it fired up, maintenance could wait till the sun went down. Put on 110 miles on my Buell around the lakes area.

Came back to greasing bearings.

Back