• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stingray rear skid spring,who has installed it,and have you had a better ride and handling from it.

snowbeast

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 apex xtx traded for a 2017 sidewinder L-tx-le
FACEBOOK
yes
YOUTUBE
yes
I remember some had great interest in this spring over the last couple of years,just wondering how the results turned out?

Yes Beast. It does make a difference. I'm glad I put it in
Thanks for the reply,how many turns did you need to make for your weight and reding style,do you remember?

I beleive Cannondale(ty vendor) has a upgraded spring also.
And from what I've heard he is a guru at custom shock valving and rebuilding

I put in the 160 spring from cannondale, big upgrade from stock but still had a lot of preload on it, so I went to the 180 spring and that is good. Im 6’4” and 300-310lbs and have the sled set up with the bars more forward than most.

Thanks for the reply,how many turns did you need to make for your weight and reding style,do you remember?
I just cranked it down until the ski pressure was right Pete.. i can't remember how many turns it was. I felt the difference immediately the very first day going over rutted trails. Boy does it soak up the bumps more! I'm about 170 lbs in gear now.

I just cranked it down until the ski pressure was right Pete.. i can't remember how many turns it was. I felt the difference immediately the very first day going over rutted trails. Boy does it soak up the bumps more! I'm about 170 lbs in gear now.
Thanks Bro,what i was looking for as far as info is good to hear. The softer abality to soak up stutter bumps sounds much better. Thanks

I put in the 160 spring from cannondale, big upgrade from stock but still had a lot of preload on it, so I went to the 180 spring and that is good. Im 6’4” and 300-310lbs and have the sled set up with the bars more forward than most.
Yes it sounds like from your weight,that bigger spring would have been needed. I am no where near your weight,but do tip the scales suited up to be near 260#.

I beleive Cannondale(ty vendor) has a upgraded spring also.
And from what I've heard he is a guru at custom shock valving and rebuilding
Yes sir steve is very talented as a shock guy,and has done my shocks in the past,i was trying to keep things local and not have to ship things around the country,wife and i are up in age,and dont need any problems from covid,not that i would get it from steve,just trying to cut the chances,s down.

I have this stingray spring in my 129. I think I'm 3 turns in from loose. The steering is lighter and it seems to transfer quickly.

My Dad's 137 with the raptor triple rate spring rides much more plush, but it doesn't transfer, and it's harder to turn.

I've tried the stingrays and heavier Cat spring and preferred the Cat .

I've tried the stingrays and heavier Cat spring and preferred the Cat .
I did the same. I felt I lost some handling with the stingray. I spent quite a bit of time dialing them both in and like the cat spring better overall.

Back