1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

StingrayMods Clutch kit SALE!

Discussion in 'SR Viper Talk' started by snowmobile mods, Jun 25, 2019.

1. snowmobile mods

snowmobile mods Advertiser Advertiser Vendor

8160 Piute rd lot 133 Colorado Springs CO 80926
    USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha viper
    Hey There, My name is Heather I am a dealer for StingrayMODS products! I am happy to be a new Vendor here on Totally Yamaha.

ALL Stingraymods.com products are 10% off until October, orders and info for our products is found on our website https://stingraymods.com/. If you are interested in purchasing any of our products please use the Coupon named ty4stroke

StingrayMODS front skid shock spring takes the heavy feel and stiff steering out of the Viper and increases weight transfer. Our clutch kit gives you 3k rpm clutch engagement and big increase in low and mid range power. Our kit also comes with washers so you can upgrade to the 8DN belt (belt not included.) This is a major upgrade to the old COTC or clutching on the cheap you may be aware of. Hardened weights are then plated and magnets are installed at the proper weight. When you order list your sled specs and your kit will come already set up just bolt on and rideā€¦.no adjustments should be needed. In the rare instance you need adjustment simply add or remove a magnet in each arm. Weight from 69 grams to 90 grams, plenty of room for adjustment. Video is of me on a 2015 stock XTX with our skid shock spring and clutch kit, I was startled at how fast it took off compared to the stock Nytro I rode. Too much snake oil out there to just say this works, please view video for more details. Video does not show easier steering but the lightness of the front end gives you a good idea.

THE FIRST FIVE FULL CLUTCH KITS SOLD WILL RECEIVE A YAMAHA OR STINGRAY MODS BILLET BRAKE RESERVOIR COVER.

Viper Clutch Kit

Viper minimum clutch kit which includes, weights, washers for 8DN upgrade and primary spring $235.80 after summer discount.

The FULL Viper kit is weights, primary spring, helix, washers for 8DN upgrade and front skid shock spring. It will have all the parts to fix the Viper clutch and hard steering issues. $386.10 after summer discount

Viper hard steering fix

Front Skid Shock Spring $62.10 after summer discount.

The Viper/Sidewinder comes from the factory with a very weak front skid shock spring. The Procross/proclimb has from the Cat 2012 on. MTX and XTX were even worse with a 110 pound spring when other snowmobile makers would have a 180 pound spring or thereabouts. Trail models had a 135 pound spring so little better but a huge lack of spring still.

In 2016 they tried to fix it with a dual rate spring and helped but still not a fix.

So we went to a vendor and tested there springs until we found what we felt was the best and told them. For a while they sold a lot of springs and everybody was happy but then they started changing the 160 pound I suggested and started putting out different weights based on rider weight and folks were not happy.

So we then went to a spring maker and designed what we felt was the best setup and now they make them for me out of quality steel which is made in Texas. So, PLEASE don't dump your Viper from being a heavy turd until you spend $69.00 to find out if we are right that a nice handling nimble sled is really under there.

Please note that a shock revalving from Steve Spiering also helps especially an LTX, he knows what valving this spring likes.

NOTE: even the Nytro guys like this

20190613_152856 (1).jpg sidewinderclutch.jpg 20190625_135843 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. Mike P

Mike P Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sr Viper R-TX SE
    Nice looking products.

4. ateick

ateick VIP Member VIP Member

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2018 SR Viper RTX
    Heard good things. Ordered front skid shock today.