• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Airbox Modded.... need advice!

If u do a hood over the filters do one the lenght of the filter and angle the sides so that when water goes on them and when it bleeds off the sides it misses the cone.

I was thinking of doing a alum air box with a 4x6" element on the bottom of the box. But seeing as i have no dyno i would have to do field testing vs another rx-1 before and after and jetting with the Wide Band

Well everyone, I decided to scrap the modded airbox and go with Freddies ECP kit. Although I can't report any results yet I can definately say I'm happy with his service and the way it really cleans things up under the hood. I also relocated my battery under the seat, and now the weight loss is really noticable. Regarding the freezing problem I have heard from everyone I decided to try something else out. I ordered up a stealth hood from R&M lightning which according to them will keep the snow dust out and still give the sled lots of airflow. While the hood is still in the mail, I am lookin forward to doing away with the stock hood and the vents that seems to scoop snow. Hopefully with the hood and prefilters, the freezing problem will stay away from the filters and not choke the engine. I'll post again once I get 'er on the snow and lean into some of those powdery turns. Let me know how that aluminum guard works out... I might be following suite if this hood lets me down.

Do the snow dance, we need it here! :-o

It's funny..I also decided to forget the airbox and buy a set of ECP's lol. Too many hours of Freddie's time has gone into the development of these to bother with anything else.

Back