• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Attak- Top speed

attack

Sled Freek - I agree with you 99.9% the runs were almost exactly as you describe them. The Apex/Mach are very close I would say 80 - 90 mph, then the Mach start sto pull and after 100mph (real world it's all MachZ).

I'm not sure I would ever see real world 115 mph on the gun with my Attack (it was stock except for studs). Top end speed was respectable and for the most part satisfying. I just get such a kick out of people saying they were wooping up on Machs stock for stock.

Got Apex RTX - Cummins is a great motor for sure! My ridding buds have had a few. The rest of the truck around the motor is where they've had short falls. I do get 18 - 20mpg but just recently it's fallen just below 18 to and from work. I'm thinking it has something to do with the new low sulfer fuel? What's PSD???

XCR5

NOT to get off track here.. but i have a buddy who just chipped his New Duramax with the automatic tranny and went from 20mpg to 25mpg and over 500hp.. WOW

118.2 in 1 mile on the gun last year on my GT with my 240 lb butt on board.This was on mostly ice with a little snow running the ulmer stage 2 clutch kit and windage plates at almost 11,000 rpm. If I remember correctly the speedo was reading 133.

last year i was getting 122 to 126 topend on the speedo out on the hardpack lakes, best i ever got out of it was 133. all stock attak with a very streched out track. after i studded it and had the track tightend i the best i had was 105 but it was 40 degrees out and the lakes were all soft

The first day we rode both my 06 attak and 06 apex gt they would gps 109 later in the year clutched both would run 114-115 gps speeds.

Apsterbobed said:
last year i was getting 122 to 126 topend on the speedo out on the hardpack lakes, best i ever got out of it was 133. all stock attak with a very streched out track. after i studded it and had the track tightend i the best i had was 105 but it was 40 degrees out and the lakes were all soft
Loosen the track off and you'll see the top end come back. You should be running @20lbs of pull on the center of the track 1 3/4 to 2" of play.

Don't forget guys we 4 strokes have tons of torque donw low to mid, 2 smokers will have more on peak or top end like a MACH Z correct me if I'm wrong have around 114 pounds at peak and we have a flat band average 78 lbs, now thats a big shoe to fill, torque DRIVES, Torque = TOP END speed.

welterracer said:
NOT to get off track here.. but i have a buddy who just chipped his New Duramax with the automatic tranny and went from 20mpg to 25mpg and over 500hp.. WOW

DO you want to make me laugh with that 20-25 mpg post????

Hahahahaha!!!! 15-18mpg are much much more realistic, stop dreamin!

My Apex ER ran 114.6 in North Bay in 2,000 ft. at the Radar Runs. Nothing done to it to make it go fast. Some Mach Z go about 2 mph faster and lots of them go slower.

mulot30th said:
welterracer said:

DO you want to make me laugh with that 20-25 mpg post????

Hahahahaha!!!! 15-18mpg are much much more realistic, stop dreamin!

so im not the only one that lives in the real world!

I do have a solid 25mpg setup for a 24valve cummins. But the motor setup is only in the 330 hp 650 torque range. But the milage is sweet. :Rockon:

Re: Attack

xcr5 said:
Real world - hard packed lake 118mph indicated on speedo (seat o pants speedo w/ years of lake racing said 105mph). Not near as fast on the top end as people think (however; they pull like a freight train on the trails)!

Real world- You must have a slow one. They have more top end than what you think.

Top Speed

Yea, my buddies must have been a slow one also as his was side by side with mine (stock sleds). I'm sure we got the only two slow ones - not!

Re: Apex

xcr5 said:
Yea - and my duramax will get better mileage after 50,000 when it's broken in also (not). 60k on the duramax, mileage actually creeping down, none of the apex's I know of ever saw over 120mph on the dream meter. All I know is the MachZ's go by the apex on the top end like you dropped a plug. First hand experience running run after run after run supports my findings.

Think snow!

IMHO..thats not so much the motor as the clutching..something like the bender uh dynoport over/underdrive with a little performance tuning might change that.

Back