• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock MTX skis on a 2016 MP?

vttrailboss

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Venture MP
2003 Artic Cat ZL600
1984 Artic Cat Kitty cat
Hi,

First time post, but I have a question. Will stock 2010 Nytro MTX skis work on my 2016 Venture MP? I have the stock tuners on there now, but they stink when I get into the powder. I'd like to try something that'll float better, but don't have a ton of cash to experiment. Thoughts?

I think they would swap right in and would work a lot better than the tuner junk. There might be a little bit of modding of the ski mounts as the MP's spindle is wider than the Nytro's.

I think they would swap right in and would work a lot better than the tuner junk. There might be a little bit of modding of the ski mounts as the MP's spindle is wider than the Nytro's.

Looks like 2 1/4" for the spindle, and about 3 1/4" inside the ski (with spacers to make up the gap). Does the sound like it'd work?

Attachments

• MP Tuner.jpg
    MP Tuner.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 157
yes they should work. i would use the nitro mtx ski tubes in the spindle as i have had them brake the bolt off on a landing on other sleds. chunks of pipe will work for the spacers, using a hunk of jack handle for a spacer on a sled.

Any idea if a set of 2016 Viper mix skis will fit on an 07 Venture Light?

Back