• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Muffler Flash

BTbt

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
I see Hurricane and Evo offer stock muffler flashes, has anyone have any experiences with these tunes?

I'd be interested as well, 225 flash from TD with stock muffler!

I see Hurricane and Evo offer stock muffler flashes, has anyone have any experiences with these tunes?

If you go back a couple of pages on this forum you shall find a thread called something like “Hurricane 225 flash”.

1 guy from Canada had responded to a question much like what you are asking.

But yeah, cheapest upgrade around right now whereas not much else need be done besides the flash.

Maybe more will chime in on this post, but I am pretty sure I already know my questions because of what has been said about the 225. “Nothing changed under 7000 rpm”, so gas mileage would stay much the same if you stay out of it, and if not you have over 20 more ponies pushing or pulling, so more to feed.

Seems like all Tuners say you need bigger outlet on exhaust for better mileage.

Would also like to hear from some who tried those type flashes last year!!

If you go back a couple of pages on this forum you shall find a thread called something like “Hurricane 225 flash”.

1 guy from Canada had responded to a question much like what you are asking.

But yeah, cheapest upgrade around right now whereas not much else need be done besides the flash.

Maybe more will chime in on this post, but I am pretty sure I already know my questions because of what has been said about the 225. “Nothing changed under 7000 rpm”, so gas mileage would stay much the same if you stay out of it, and if not you have over 20 more ponies pushing or pulling, so more to feed.

Seems like all Tuners say you need bigger outlet on exhaust for better mileage.

Would also like to hear from some who tried those type flashes last year!!
Just a guess with the more horsepower flash along comes chasing it with a clutch kit ????

I spend quite a bit of time in northern Wisconsin. A lot of trails are on & off throttle. wonder if it's worth it????

Adding 25ponies seems like a waste..... IDK? Then again....the 320hp deal seems to be like putting 1000hp to a set of radials.....what's the point.

Maybe that hurricane adjustable kit has some merit worth looking into.....

Last edited:
The hurricane 225 stock muffler flash is designed to run the boost higher from 10lbs to 13.8lbs. The 225 flash is also designed to run with the stock muffler and clutching. The peak operating rpm increases to 8800where the peak hp is.this hurricane 225 flash is the best value for the money when you just need a little more but don’t want to change the driving characteristics of your sled

Just a guess with the more horsepower flash along comes chasing it with a clutch kit ????

Have heard that with a 10-15 hp power up kit you will gain 200-300 rpms, so if you have a lazy clutch that revs at say 8500-8600, it would bring it where it should be. But with 20-25 added hp, you should “be chasing it with a clutch kit”, or near rev limiter huh.

Was hoping to hear from someone who has done this
I will try and talk to Dave and Ben at the Toronto sled show about this
Hopefully they are not to busy to talk

I ran a Hypersports stock muffler flash all last season. Was phenomenal! This year I am going bigger for some reason, it took a lot of boost to beat me last year.

kinda thinking now with lots of time on this motor....if one was to flash...why do a stock muffler flash? but if one is going to do so...I say go to the next rung and get a td eco....

I run hurricane 225 stock muffler flash last winter, with stock clutch it was around 8900 rpm. Worked very good, much better than stock.

I run hurricane 225 stock muffler flash last winter, with stock clutch it was around 8900 rpm. Worked very good, much better than stock.

What were your RPMS before running that flash, and what was your secondary set at 60 or 70?
What kind of top mph were you getting before and after flash?
Mileage difference?

What you guys considering stock flash should consider, Is talking with your tuner about potential upgrades down the rd. Ask them for an upgrade price. As you will be stuck with one map only.

This is why I would buy the flasher, and you get ALL MAPS at same price as only ONE map....and then you can still use the stock muffler map, but then you can later on get a muffler, or MOD muffler...then flash up to any given map.

It gives you a future room to grow. As most guys will not settle at 225 with stock muffler. Its an addiction!

:yam:

Dan, here in Quebec those non stock mufflers are illegal and they check a lot. Get caught, big fine!

Back