• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock rear torsion spring size on 2015 Viper LTX DX?

Ultrafrozen

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha SR Viper
I'd much appreciate if someone could measure the stock spring size. Mine are 0.406" square, the same as the accessory heavy duty spring listing. Looking to confirm if stock is smaller.

That's what came stock on my 15 Viper LTX SE that I had. I still have those springs. I had swapped them to the 2016+ springs that are softer right when I got it (it had 46 miles on it). The 2016+ are something like .394" wire diameter.

If you bend the long leg of those springs that you have to 100° separation from the short leg, you'll have pretty much the same springs as the 2019-2021 Sidewinder SRX. Your stock springs are supposed to be 94-degrees separation between those legs.

That's what came stock on my 15 Viper LTX SE that I had. I still have those springs. I had swapped them to the 2016+ springs that are softer right when I got it (it had 46 miles on it). The 2016+ are something like .394" wire diameter.
Is the 2016 spring round? You say 0.394" diameter which would be softer. If square, it's not much smaller than 0.406". I'll keep investigating, our sledding season likely just ended, went from perfect last weekend to warm and melting for a few days.

Is the 2016 spring round? You say 0.394" diameter which would be softer. If square, it's not much smaller than 0.406". I'll keep investigating, our sledding season likely just ended, went from perfect last weekend to warm and melting for a few days.
Square and .394 across (under the paint)

How was the ride with the softer spring? I am toying with softer spring or rear shock upgrade for same sled.

How was the ride with the softer spring? I am toying with softer spring or rear shock upgrade for same sled.
I never rode it with the stock torsion springs so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I never rode it with the stock torsion springs so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Days are getting shorter. Suspension coming out this week and softer spings will be going in, all shocks will be revalved and will comment further when weather permits... Have a great summer

Back