• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Warrior VS Warrior with ECP Results

WFOTWARRIOR

I was at Tug hill this Sunday and Monday with my friend Scott and Andy. Scott and I both have Warriors while Any has a 03 RX-1. Both our Warriors were purchased at the same time. About 2 weeks before we went to Tug Hill Scott and I both raced our Warriors in a small field about 400 feet. The conditions were not good since it was 40+ degrees. Scott's is totally stock with 104 studs while mine at the time only had a Bender Pipe on it and 104 studs. We raced up and down the field and even switched sleds. The results were the Stock Warrior beat me out of the hole and would pull about 1-2 sleds length on mine before we would have to shut them down. We believe the bender pipe is more sensitive to temperature. Not sure if this is true or not.
Now to the good part. I ordered Freddie's filter kit, silver springs 165 jets. Andy installed it for me. All 3 of us go out onto the lake at tug hill. 1st race I pulled the whole shot on both Andy and Scott. After 200ft I was 3 sleds ahead of stock warrior and 1-2 ahead of Andy's 03 Shorty that has major work done to it and is fully studded, after 500 ft I was easily 10-15 sleds ahead of stock warrior but Shorty was starting to gain. After 1000+ feet still 10-15 sleds ahead of stock warrior and 1 sled ahead of Shorty who I could see by the headlights was gaining but we had to shut them down at that point. We turned around for race #2. Exact same results except Andy's sled quickly caught me after I wholeshotted and he was able to pull 3-4 sleds ahead of me before we had to shut them down. The Warrior was just like before 10-15 sleds behind me. We switch sleds since I weigh 190 and Scott weighs 220+. Just Scott and I race now. Results are the same. Warrior with filter kit gets whole shot, quickly pulls 3 sleds ahead and increases it to 10-15 sleds at 500 ft. Top ends are about same as we each were hitting speeds of 99-102. We do this 4 more times and results are the same. Lake conditions were terrible is the reason to speeds were so bad. Next day we raised my needles 2 clicks and go back to same lake. We only need to race 2 times before it was pointless to continue. Warrior with ECP vs Warrior without ECP no contest. Andy's shorty was to fast for me the 2nd day. After I would get whole shot he quickly passed me and pulled 4-5 sleds ahead. I believe this was a very fair comparison since both warriors were purchased at the same time and had roughly the same miles on them. In fact Stock warrior had 350+ miles on it while mine only had 140. Thanks Freddie for the price I believe nothing gets you more power and it looks very cool.
Can somebody else who has ECP tell me what RPM they are whacking off the line from a dead stop? And what Rpm's they are seeing during acceleration. Also my CR10EK plugs are burning white anybody else have same results?

Nice post WFOTWARRIOR, and welcome to the board. I think that is fairest comparison we have seen to date, thanks for the info. You also stated you thought the temp was playing havoc with your pipe, was it colder? Also what had been done to the shorty? If I understand that correctly he beat you by 1-2 sleds before the kit then you beat him by 10+ after WOW, any chance you have the ability to switch the kit to the other warrior to see if the outcome stays the same?

192 Woody the Shorty never raced with the warriors before the filters. Only race before filters was stock warrior vs stock warrior with bender pipe and in that stock warrior was slightly faster. Perhaps it was because it was 40+ degrees and Bender Pipe might be sensative in not so cold temps. When we all raced at tug hill on Sunday was very cold. Maybe 10 degrees and only 1st race did I take the shorty by 1-2 sleds. On Monday weather was warmer but results basically were the same. Shorty has major clutching, suspension, and others things done to it. It is a friend who used to race for Bender named Andy Ott who really knows his stuff with sleds. He is also getting the kit.

Nice post WFOWARRIOR!!

I too have the ECP kit and mine has 162 studs and a Simons CPR stage two clutch kit... I havent had the pleasure of racing anyone with another rx-1 or warror but i do know this... IT PULL LIKE A JET PLANE!!! I love the sled and the POWER...

I am currently running 10,700 out of the holes spinning and 10,500 when it hooks.. althoug i feel as thought the clutches are slipping and i since have added more weight to the HHs.. I will test this weekend with my results...

Right know it will hold the skis till about 55-60 mph on marginal snow and up to 35mph on Groomed hard pack!!

Excellent report, just what I have been waiting for! Do you know what kind of clutching your buddy with the shorty is running?

Mighty RX-1 I will find this out for you and get back. I know he has heavy hitters but he a lot more work done to the clutch besides that. Thanks Freddie I have told Andy his kit is on the way and he says thank you. We are driving to Maximum Performance tomorrow to pick up a SRX for another friend tomorrow. While up there I am picking up some Heavy Hitters for my Warrior and a different Helix along with 170 jets. This sled will be even faster after Andy tweaks with it then. I don't pretend to know squat about the mechanics of sleds so its nice to have a friend like Andy who is a natural. Guess thats why he used to race for Bender and be sponsored by Yamaha.

I can't wait for our fillters to come, me and my son both have 03 RX 1's, both with stage 3 clutch kits from Matt and both ordered filters from Freddie. We raced up on 4th lake in Old Forge this past weekend and our sleds are very close. As soon as we get our filters we are going to try the same thing, 1 of us will put the filters on and race to see the results before we both put them on. Come on Freddie the wait is killing me. We can't wait to try them. I know 1 thing if the filters give me half of what the cluth kit did I'll be in heaven, cause the clutch work gave me 10 - 12 sleds over my freinds RX1 which was even with me last year.

I beileve this post is better than the one on the LAKE...

Not everyone can get equal traction on a lake and not everyones sled is setup for top speed...plus in this instance no one has a pipe on it !!

Welt, where are you running your Warrior this weekend, I
might be able to give you a comparison to another RX-1.
Only had a chance to race one other RX-1, but would like to
see how mine runs versus one with HH's.

dsimonRX1 said:
Welt, where are you running your Warrior this weekend, I
might be able to give you a comparison to another RX-1.
Only had a chance to race one other RX-1, but would like to
see how mine runs versus one with HH's.

Im going to EAGLE RIVER WISONSON from sat.. threw wensday!!

hey WFOTWARRIOR, this Andy you speak of wouldn't be Andy from F&S Yamaha would it?

Welt, this report was very accurate to the one on the lake. There was alot of hard pack and no ice. We all chose different lines and did'nt make any difference. These are trail sleds, none set up just for full drag racing. The only difference between the two warriors was the one with the filters did have a silencer, but ran the same or worse with the silencer before the filters against the stock warrior.

I'm on the back of the bender catalog as well. #338

Back