• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stoli's MCX Turbo OFT/Skinz Black Sled Build

Stoli

VIP Member
Building an 08 Nytro Skinz Black sled with a MCX Turbo. Have to start with thanks to OFT - just about every part and info funneled through those guys. I also get the pleasure of riding with them as well, as some of you have seen in some of my prior posts. Test some of their products and hang out at the shop on motor-cult nights, at Haydays - life is good. Thanks to Skinz for the exceptional parts as well.

2 seconds worth of background - I started with an 08 Nytro 153 with several mods already done. Excel header, pipe, Timbersled skid, front end, floats.... In 09 did a few minor changes with the boards, and a couple other minor edits.

IMG_0400.jpg

Coming out of 09 I needed a set of new boards and a longer track. The old previous boards didnt hold up to the Stoli and the trencher wasnt getting me where it needed too. So went to a 162 with IceAge fails, powerclaw track, 18/40 gears, pc5 with digital display and one of the very first sets of Skinz air frame boards and the hook was set! Some of you have seen the prior posts I have made about those boards. In my opinion - hands down best boards on the market - again my opinion.

9da6cf08.jpg

This year I got more agressive and this is where my sled was sitting as of a few weeks ago. Just about ready for parts and some :bling :-o

77c4c3ba.jpg

Update

Sent Skinz my tunnel to be Super Chromed. They did a fantastic job on cleaning it up, welded a few minor issues.

d9ed9649.jpg

Recieved the new 08 style bumper - first one produced. A few others have been shipped out now from OFT - but this is the first one. As a note I also have the very first set of OFT black wheels produced. The night I brought the sled home from a marathon drive from Minneapolis to Ann Arbor MI and back in 21 hours (if ur a highway patrol reading this - dont hold it against me I was a bit excited) anyway I pulled up to the shop. Scott had just received that one set of wheels for his sled and was going to be the only set ever produced. I talked him into selling me those and he ended up making more.

b5a2dbec.jpg

Air box removed and MCX box installed

a9742720.jpg

Skinz upgraded 2010 subframe arrived - Super Chromed

7c81cf2b.jpg

Installed that just tonight.

0ee24ada.jpg

Lots more to do and come... stay tuned

Lotso bling!!!!

Lookin good, now you planning on riding that beast or just keeping it on trail?

2010 skinz upgraded sub frame

Stoli, nice sled, what is the skinz 2010 upgraded sub frame all about?

skins subframe

ya whats up with skins subframe is there big differences. with it.

Hi, how did you mount the airframes to the TS bracket ? And did you have a gap between the front of the airframes and the plastic on the clutch side ?

:Rockon:

Back