• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Storm 150 season review

ccyamaha1

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
viper ltx le
apex ltx gt
I put the new storm 150 with 192 1875 stud boy power points on my 17 sidewinder LTX LE this year, I put 1900 miles and all I can say is this track rocks works amazing in all conditions.
I was running TD max spool 17 all season, my buddy and I are equally tune with the same sled only his still has 1 1/4 ripsaw 2, no matter if we took off from a dead stop or a roll my sled would instantly jump out every time on him.
I strongly recommend this track to anyone looking to upgrade it is a perfect fit for the sidewinder

Did you run full length protectors?
Yes I had originally put the Arctic cat metal protectors on the rear exchanger and then added the STM protectors for the length of the tunnel never have any issues with studs hitting.

If the cat ones weren’t glued in I would’ve put STM’s the hole length

Damn, another great review of this track, I was on the fence about it but I'm for sure upgrading to that for next season. I'm going to do IceStorm 150 as I'm not a huge fan of studs but generally speaking good to hear the track will work out well.

Damn, another great review of this track, I was on the fence about it but I'm for sure upgrading to that for next season. I'm going to do IceStorm 150 as I'm not a huge fan of studs but generally speaking good to hear the track will work out well.
JayM, are you really sure you want to forego REAL studs with all the HP you are laying down??

Be careful of the ice storm I am told it is a single ply track and probably will not hold up well with the power of a sidewinder. If it was a two ply I wouldn’t hesitate . The regular storm is a two ply and is 2 1/2 pounds lighter than the stock track and it’s fully clipped. You won’t be sorry if you buy this track I am that confident and impressed with it

I believe the sled is faster or quicker now that you’re actually hooking up and not spinning constantly and I haven’t seen any loss of top end over the 1 1/4 ripsaw 2

mine has 5000 miles, 3000 on a 270 tune. it is starting to come apart but i cant think of a better track to replace it with

JayM, are you really sure you want to forego REAL studs with all the HP you are laying down??

I'm not sure to be honest, and it being 1 Ply is a factor as well, I could always stud the Ice Storm though it's not ideal since I would just buy the regular Storm in that case.

I put the new storm 150 with 192 1875 stud boy power points on my 17 sidewinder LTX LE this year, I put 1900 miles and all I can say is this track rocks works amazing in all conditions.
I was running TD max spool 17 all season, my buddy and I are equally tune with the same sled only his still has 1 1/4 ripsaw 2, no matter if we took off from a dead stop or a roll my sled would instantly jump out every time on him.
I strongly recommend this track to anyone looking to upgrade it is a perfect fit for the sidewinder
X2 much superior to the ripsaw2

Stay away from the ice storm and buy the storm 150 and 200 igrips st20's cheaper $500 for the track and $200 for 200 studs i put in 192 and will probably put in another 50 this summer they work amazing,best part is 200 studs only weigh 1 pound

Last edited:
I have over 1,650 miles on my Ice Storm 150 this season and the track looks brand new. Put on from day 1. Absolutely love this track. Now, I am bone stock and don't have plans to boost. Thought the ice track performed great all year and didn't have to worry about putting in the iGrips which I had seriously thought about doing if I went with the regular Storm 150. Either way, awesome track.

Stay away from the ice storm and buy the storm 150 and 200 igrips st20's cheaper $500 for the track and $200 for 200 studs i put in 192 and will probably put in another 50 this summer they work amazing,best part is 200 studs only weigh 1 pound
Do you have a picture of the pattern you used for the igrips? Did you run them down just the center (1.5” high) portion of the track? Or all the way out to the edges?

I'm not sure to be honest, and it being 1 Ply is a factor as well, I could always stud the Ice Storm though it's not ideal since I would just buy the regular Storm in that case.

Do you suppose this is why the ice storm is single ply, as they don't expect the owner to stud it? And that may be the reason why the Storm is two ply? Honestly, only the buyer knows the conditions they ride in best. Ice storm is better than no stud at all.

Back