• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud my new track or not? 141

ryan11007

Extreme
Blew my track the cobra 1.7 had 1.75 double backers and studded. When track ripped ,studs went through heat exchanger. All fixed now.

New track camoplast backcountry 141 1.75 lugs. Afraid of studding it again. But I run icy trails and lakes. Also enough off trail.
My old studs are flush with the lugs. I don't think they will work. I can put on 15/8 ones?

Should I stud the track? If so which ones? Would be nice to have a bit of traction and stopping power on ice...

Or put screw in studs? Or no studs at all?

I think you've picked a great off-trail track. I hope your style matches your choice.

I think you've picked a great off-trail track. I hope your style matches your choice.
Yea I do alot of off trail. But still like to go with the guys on trail trips.

CanT make up my mind what to do. Hopping for input. See what every 1 else is doing.

It wasn’t that long ago that a 1.75” track was considered a mountain track. Back then no one even considered studding at that lug height. Each person has to make their own decision but for me I would draw the line for studs at a maximum of 1.5” lug height.

I am currently riding on the same 1.75” 141 Backcountry X track and I have not felt the need for more traction. I have been very happy with the track. Of course if your riding conditions are a substantial amount of icy trails your experience may be different. For that matter if you ride in a lot of icy conditions hyfax wear might become an issue as well. I don’t have any personal experience with screw in studs. They might be enough to get you what you are looking for.

MY Nytro xtx had the 1.75 back country. Had no traction issues on hard pack trails and did very well on icey trails. In the powder, it was amazing. I would not stud it.

Back