• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding question

justin1620

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
1999 SRX 700
1998 SRX 700
2005 Arctic Cat F7
WEBSITE
www.rustymyers.com
hey fellas, is it necessary to have a 4th wheel kit if I stud the outside windows of the track? Looking at a 144 pattern with either 4,2,4 or 3,3,3 pattern studding the outside windows as well.....thanks

I ran 192 with stock wheels last year and was fine but have added the JT 4th wheel kit for better traction this year.

Good idea, especially if your studding to have 4 wheels across the back! Studs put more pressure on that rear axle, and with just the two wheels back there, there is a tendency for the sled to Cat walk on agressive acceleration when studded.

Put a 4th wheel kit on both my 06 Mach Z and my Apex, because those two sleds didn't come with 4 wheels(they had 3 wheels..Sidewinder which has significantly more power than both of those sleds, only has two wheels). If I were you I'd get at least a 4th wheel kit, if not the J&T Stealth big wheel kit.

I have a 50th anniversary that I'm studding, and I got the J&T Stealth kit for mine..not taking any chances with the tri hub junk. But that's just me.

Four wheels really eases the pressure on the bearings and allow them to last longer

It goes without saying- 2 are doing twice the work as 4

When I upgraded my nytro I couldn't believe how well the bearings stood up with 4 vs 3 wheels

Ms

First of all, if one wheel or bearing goes, you are SCREWED! Secondly, have you seen the stock design? I think it's a 10-32 screw back there

I will suggest that you just put the 192 in this sled. I started with 144 down the middle and not enough, just spins. Added more to make it 192 going on the outside and much better holeshot and traction in corners. This sled just has too much horsepower to run it like a normal sled. I ride trails and lakes in Northern Wi, so depends on where you ride.

The four wheels are a must for security and performance....and enough and long enough studs...

Last edited:
4th wheel kits and studs on both of mine

Back