• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding xtx 141 1.6 track

Is anybody studded their 1.6 track if so how many what brand and what are your thoughts on it was it worth it or not?

Yes You need to use Wooddy's Grand masters for single ply tracks. I have 148 in mine I also have 150 screw in points in the paddles.

GMP-1575-L - See more at: http://appguide.woodystraction.com/my-sled/2014/Yamaha/SR-Viper-X-TX-SE#sthash.rGXXb6M6.dpuf

Studs @.jpg

NO - But I installed a Hygear rear coupling system along with axis coil over clicker rear skid shock and axis coild over front klicker shocks. I also installed the limiter straps out of the XF1100 which are wider and 1.5" shorter than the XTX straps cause I shreded mine in 600 miles. I am also back to running the stock skis with dually 8" carbides on them. Even with the rear end coupled I have to get out of the throttle on turn in to get the front end on the ground and then back on the power carefull not to pull the skis off under turning acceleration.

This video was shot earlier this season after all the pics went in. It is a public trail and I was slowing more than necessary into most of the turns she had plenty more left in her but I did not want to meet anyone in the middle of a trun even though the visisbility through all turns was good.

Wow good video how much you think u got in that whole suspension setup and studs and do you really have to do all the mods u did I think my 15 xtx rides great and handles good but just don't wanna bunch of push on the trails.

1900 miles no studs and very pleased. I ride hard and the only time it was an issue was on a icy weekend.

Yeah but I end riding a lot of icey conditions and do a lot of racing and feel to get all the power of the turbo hooking up studs might be the answer but just don't wanna lose my handling but yamadog looks he's got it going on

Didn't know you were running a turbo, that and straight line racing would make a differance. I'm not much for straight line stuff; it's all about the woods and hills and powder for me, so no turbo or studs on this XTX. Good luck and have funwith it.

TJ

Wow good video how much you think u got in that whole suspension setup and studs and do you really have to do all the mods u did I think my 15 xtx rides great and handles good but just don't wanna bunch of push on the trails.
The shock package and coupler were about $2500.00. I just bought another 2015 XTX SE and it is a completely different sled rides great right out of the box! I don't know why the 14 was such a pain the A$$ to get it to handle. The 15 has the tuners on it and has just a little push but I can throw it into a turn and bring it through. I guess I had the turbo on the 14 from new and the xtra power caused some of the problems but this one handles way better.

Didn't know you were running a turbo, that and straight line racing would make a differance. I'm not much for straight line stuff; it's all about the woods and hills and powder for me, so no turbo or studs on this XTX. Good luck and have funwith it.

TJ

My 14 is now set up to kick anybody on a lakes A$$ and then let them try to keep up on the tight twisties. I have the best of both worlds in this sled. I can ride it 300 miles in a day with no fatigue and win my class at a radar run on the lake. It took a long time to get it here but it is a blast and just wants you to pull the trigger every time you take off.

Right sounds like I should just stud it and if it pushes too much just throw another track on it and just keep it in the snow lol but sounds like your 14 is just what I'm looking for how much boost u running and how much hp

Right sounds like I should just stud it and if it pushes too much just throw another track on it and just keep it in the snow lol but sounds like your 14 is just what I'm looking for how much boost u running and how much hp
12#'s at 252 hp but it is very expensive to do that!

i used 94 single pro sno x plates and 1.625 studs in my SW 141 for the first time since the last time i ripped one out 15 years ago - and ripped one out - hate single plates but its impossible to get an even pattern with double plates unless u do 2 plates or 4 studs / row in the center. but not close to the center because those do no good and tunnel protectors are in the center now on SW in rear. the studs protruded over the lug 3/8 - hooked great but going back to double plates.... and an un even pattern - dont want 188 studs.....or 4 / row of 47.... this single ply track sucks for big power on the trail. limited studding options...

Back