• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding xtx 141 1.6 track

i used 94 single pro sno x plates and 1.625 studs in my SW 141 for the first time since the last time i ripped one out 15 years ago - and ripped one out - hate single plates but its impossible to get an even pattern with double plates unless u do 2 plates or 4 studs / row in the center. but not close to the center because those do no good and tunnel protectors are in the center now on SW in rear. the studs protruded over the lug 3/8 - hooked great but going back to double plates.... and an un even pattern - dont want 188 studs.....or 4 / row of 47.... this single ply track sucks for big power on the trail. limited studding options...

Well you must have not used the Grand Masters cause i have over 5000 miles on that track most of which is launching at well over 250 hp and not a single one lost.

of coarse i used the single ply studs - just saying ive had nothing but issues with single backers, especially round ones - and studs should not be installed in the center of track - theres no pressure in the middle and makes track balloon more and newer sleds have protectors for heat exchanger in the center rear section - and my racer friends say single ply sucks and they switch to 2 ply - if this new single ply 141, with double plate 126 pattern rips out - im going 144 track ---- 2 ply - 2.52 pitch.... 14 wide.... the tracks too close to the tunnel on the sides.

Back