• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studs

tedgoesfast

Expert
This should help my traction

Attachments

• IMG_20170813_175014.jpg
    IMG_20170813_175014.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 113

If it is a 2011 or newer, especially a shorty, you may need to remove some in the centre.
Not a lot of room to start with & then there is the Exup.

Year & stud length?

There is only three eights over lug on a one two five ripsaw

1.325's ?

If so, should be fineon an 07 although I never studded the centre inch as studs there can wear the shock . Ulmer I believe used to sell a kit to protect the Mono if you studded the centre.

I am thinking of 1.4s in my xtx , 3 per bar, any one have concerns there?
I will remember to stay away from the shock in the center. Have the same 1.4s on my 121 and 136 Vectors as well as had them on my 06 Apex.

Any issues with these studs on a 2013 Apex XTX 144 tip up?

I will remember to stay away from the shock in the center. Have the same 1.4s on my 121 and 136 Vectors as well as had them on my 06 Apex.

No issues.

make sure you reinforce the tunnel protectors the bracket that holds them is C shaped and collapses when the track hits them there are threads on the subject and port Yamaha has a kit to fix it but most people could fix it themselves with a little ingenuity.

1.325's ?

If so, should be fineon an 07 although I never studded the centre inch as studs there can wear the shock . Ulmer I believe used to sell a kit to protect the Mono if you studded the centre.

I remember putting that kit on my '07GT. It was literally two bearings to go on either side of the shock mount, and a longer bolt. Ingenious kit, and it worked. When the skid went in for the beef up kit, they also put a loop of short pipe welded on to give a wear point as well and protect the loop on the shock. This was all after I had HyGear rebuild the mono with a new shaft and loop. Studs up the middle did some damage, that's for sure.

make sure you reinforce the tunnel protectors the bracket that holds them is C shaped and collapses when the track hits them there are threads on the subject and port Yamaha has a kit to fix it but most people could fix it themselves with a little ingenuity.

Thanks will do

Back