• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stupid mice!

steveg_nh

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak
Never had a problem before but my time ran out. In my enclosed V nose inline I was getting organized today and heard mice squeaking. Looked around and found the nest up in the V nose at the bottom. They are trapped in there as far as I can tell and couldn’t get up and over the wiring panel divider to get into the trailer box. Thank God.

But no idea how the hell they got in there. It’s all sealed tight. The only thing I saw underneath is chewed split wire loom on the brake wire. Could they have walked inside the split loom and right up inside it into the nose panel? Maybe. It’s not easy to open up that whole front end for a good look.

From underneath there’s no chewing visible where the split loom goes through the metal base plate under the trailer. So either they were inside the split loom or it’s something else.

Unfortunately he aluminum frame tubes are not sealed where they meet in that cavity space so the mice are hiding in the frame tubes. Do I trap them in there and stuff the ends with steel wool? It’s hard to get at the openings though. I put some poison blocks down in the cavity and they are going to town on them.

No damage to wiring that I see. Everything works fine still too. If something is hidden and damaged I don’t know it. Grrr

Always assume they will find a way in.
Keep bars of Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets in and around the trailer.
Some use moth balls but that smell gags me.

It was a battle of wits with them this summer as they invaded my swimming pool control panel. Hate them! I feel bad poisoning them, but I'd feel worse if they messed with my sleds!

you should see what they do to the wire harness, computers, and inverter inside a high tech Mitsubishi heat pump condensing unit.

Had one get into my trailer two years ago. Backed the sled off trailer and found the nest made out of much of the felt from my Viper shroud on top of the track. Only damage he did to wiring was eating the insulation on the lead for my optimate at the battery. Got lucky, but now I keep a loaded trap in the trailer all summer just in case.

5 gal pail w/ antifreeze trap, pluck 'em out & they don't even stink after months of death.

I was lucky that they didn’t get into the trailer box. Just the nose but that’s where the wiring panel is. Haven’t seen any activity again. Hate the buggers. Shocked they got in but I do think they ran inside the split loom.

i tried the bar of irish spring. FAIL. all they did was leave claw or teeth marks all over half the bar. Moth balls on the running boards seems to be working for the sleds. i havent put them in the trailer stored outside yet.

I use an entire box of bounce dryer sheets in my trailer and put them all over my sleds, since I started doing this I've never had mice again . Our 30' camper gets the same treatment and again never any mice .

Buy a bottle of winter green and spray around your sled, moth balls work good also with some sticky traps, make sure to plug your exhaust they love making nests in there, I hate them, I got lucky a cat from next door visits from time to time and has cleaned them all up, very good mouser.

apperently mice do not like cholves. the smell is a deterrant to them and they will not go near them.

I’ve had peppermint altoids, a box of mothballs, dryer sheets and 4 urinal cakes in my trailer all Summer.
It smells REALLY strong, no mice.

I have been fighting them for years! I had them in my exhaust, in the compartment in front of my handle bars! I tried the electric screeches but they do not work. I put moth balls around the sleds and that does seem to work.

Glue traps work well.red squirrels around here cause big problems.got into my crawl space and made a mess,then in the attic,found rat traps work best for them.got into my neighbor's hot tub and destroyed it.

Back