• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stupid question

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
Back in my stock car racing days we were required a roll over valve on the fuel tank. Some of us cheap b$stards used an automotive PCV valve in the vent line. Install with ball up and it breathes but tip over and fluid causes the ball to shut.

I put on of these in the breather line on the girlfriends Phazer, took less than 10 bucks and the time it took to remove the panel and cut the hose.

Why is this not done on sleds? Something I missed here?

Thanks!

I think it's because the breather hose is long enough that the end is lower than the tank and it's basically acts an inverted siphon. I guess you might get a dribble when you righted the sled but it would be pretty minimal.

I'm would me more concerned about the oil tank in a rollover, or the throttle being pinned.

Voda2000 said:
I think it's because the breather hose is long enough that the end is lower than the tank and it's basically acts an inverted siphon. I guess you might get a dribble when you righted the sled but it would be pretty minimal.

I'm would me more concerned about the oil tank in a rollover, or the throttle being pinned.

That is what I meant, the breather line on top of the oil tank that pukes out huge amounts of oil in a rollover.

Most of the issue is solved with a tether but your idea and a tether would work if it doesnt frost up. Tether is necessary since our motors run even upside down. If running the PCV Valve would not work.

cannondale27 said:
Most of the issue is solved with a tether but your idea and a tether would work if it doesnt frost up. Tether is necessary since our motors run even upside down. If running the PCV Valve would not work.

I don't know why it wouldn't work, unless it ran upside down long enough to build up excess pressure which would take 10 minutes or so. Very little to no pressure builds at idle.

Ruggybuggy said:
To me this sounds like a clever idea. What PCV valve did you use? Take some pics and post!

Largest PCV valve I could find at Autozone is inside the hose under the clamp.

Attachments

• pcvsmall.jpg
    pcvsmall.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 95
cannondale27 said:

Girlfriends Phazer died both times she rolled it, so tether would have not helped in this situation. The problem was all the oil that dumped out as it lay upside down. This valve will stop that.

That or what model car it's for?

Sorry guys I went into Autozone and searched through the PCV valves till I found one large on both ends. It was smaller diameter than the hose but that was good. Slid it in the cut hose and clamped the hose down on it. I will look tonight and see if I can find the reciept

He talking about AUTOZONE, not Amazon. It's an actual auto parts store, like Napa.

Back