• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

STV: 2021 Yamaha Sidewinder SRX is here for a First Burn!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Last edited:

First I heard someone loving a 1" track. Great video though, he hits 90mph at one point. He must had a wired mic inside his helmet. I like that you could see the speedo and the trail! I need a set up like that. I wanted to show whats its like running a boosted apex through the woods and the insane speeds you can hit but never got a good camera angle.

First I heard someone loving a 1" track. Great video though, he hits 90mph at one point. He must had a wired mic inside his helmet. I like that you could see the speedo and the trail! I need a set up like that. I wanted to show whats its like running a boosted apex through the woods and the insane speeds you can hit but never got a good camera angle.

Track is ok for stock power, still needs at least a 1.25 , now that I have mine cranked up, needs a 1.5 min.

Gopro on Chesty mount should work. Or Ram mount Gopro on bars.

First I heard someone loving a 1" track

Good point kinger. He seems to be in the minority in defending Yamaha's use of the 1" lug track, especially since Cat has gone back to a 1.25" lug track on the Thunder Cat for next season.

Check out his thoughts on why he likes the 1" track on the SRX with his review of the 2019 SRX....

It would be interesting to hear any comments from SRX owners who've kept the 1" lug track and how they like it.

Good point kinger. He seems to be in the minority in defending Yamaha's use of the 1" lug track, especially since Cat has gone back to a 1.25" lug track on the Thunder Cat for next season.

Check out his thoughts on why he likes the 1" track on the SRX with his review of the 2019 SRX....

It would be interesting to hear any comments from SRX owners who've kept the 1" lug track and how they like it.

I have the 1” on my stock 2020 with studs and it still can break loose in the corners if you want it to. It took a few miles to get used to it but I kind of like it. Without the studs though I imagine it would be spinning like crazy all day.

The 1 inch tracks are great for top end and grooming the trail without studs especially. Absolutely no hope of winning a race till going about 80 or so. Buddy with one on a 9000 just absolutely churns the little moguls down to flat for a good 1/4mi everytime he gets on it! Just think back in 2st SRX days a 1in was a upgrade!

The SRX is a top speed sled and Yamaha has clearly stated that over and over and over and over and over again. There is a sled almost identical to it which is the LTX-LE and has the 1.6 track.
Or change it out if you must have the Winder that carries the 'SRX' badge.

Back