• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stx dx suspension transfer

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
Trying to get a little more rear transfer out of my STX DX 146 and make suspension softer.

My sled seem to have heavy rear spring little or no sag in sled .

-Transfer blocks set on 1 ( can’t take them out suspension well hit wheels )

-centre spring shock spring tighten up some ( can turn by hand when rear of sled is off ground )

-spring set on lowest level

But suspension is still stiff in read.

I know I could change the spring but trying to do it without doing that.

The front plastic mount where the spring is attached to suspension on mine in about an 1” bigger than the ones on the LTX and RTX

So I was going to get the plastic mount from the LTX and put them on my suspension. There only about $5 each.

This would make the spring less compressed.

As it is now I can stand on back of sled and suspension don’t touch transfer blocks.

Do you think this would help?

Last edited:

1.jpg
2.jpg
Picture to show the different in the height between stx dx 146 and the LTX, stx dx 137 and RTX has the small slid blocks
By me switching to the small blocks I can reduce the pressure on the spring by 1" .

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread with great interest because the rear suspension on my 2016 STX 137 DX also seems to be too stiff.
Although, it probably doesn't help that I weigh 160 lbs. soaking wet....
Aren't the DX models supposed to be more plush?

I'll be watching this thread with great interest because the rear suspension on my 2016 STX 137 DX also seems to be too stiff.
Although, it probably doesn't help that I weigh 160 lbs. soaking wet....
Aren't the DX models supposed to be more plush?
They are supposed to be. You guys have the overload leaf stock right?

They are supposed to be. You guys have the overload leaf stock right?

No there not stock, but I did buy them. there not engaged on less I want them to be. The spring in back is heavy on mine because of the extra weight I can carry. Also got 2 up seat for it, then I use the over load springs.

Mine ride good just stiff in back end, hard to get it to bottom out on back. Like I said if I stand right at the end of sled I cant get the sled to bottom or touch transfer blocks with spring set at it weakest setting.

Last edited:
Does that dx style spring holder relax spring tension? Moreso than an ltx holder.

Does that dx style spring holder relax spring tension? Moreso than an ltx holder.
Yes it does it had 3 settings. mine is in it lowest . that why I was going to get the smaller slide blocks like I showed in picture so it would further reduce the spring tension.

I'm sorry Allen. Please forgive me. I figured the shorter slide block would create less tension?

I'm sorry Allen. Please forgive me. I figured the shorter slide block would create less tension?
Sorry maybe I didn't explain it clearly. But Yes your right the shorter slide block well also create less tension on the spring. There is also a rotating block with 3 setting on the short end of the spring. I'm all ready at the lowest setting on the short end of spring with the rotating block .
So to get less TensionI was going to go with the shorter sliding block.

Last edited:
Sorry maybe I didn't explain it clearly. But Yes your right the shorter slide block well also create less tension on the spring. There is also a rotating block with 3 setting on the short end of the spring.

Hmm. Ok. Was trying to soften the blow back there myself. Replacement springs are $165.us. seeing if there's another way is all.
Also, I'm assuming Yamaha sells one spring for all models then changes out the slide blocks?

Thank you.

Hmm. Ok. Was trying to soften the blow back there myself. Replacement springs are $165.us. seeing if there's another way is all.
Also, I'm assuming Yamaha sells one spring for all models then changes out the slide blocks?

Thank you.
Your Ltx all ready have the shorter blocks.

Maybe you can turn them over? Don't if this well work but looks like it well.

You can only get the over load spring for the stx dx 146
Isnt that what these guys have? I am thinking they deleted it on there sleds. Maybe compensating with a heavier Torsion spring. Take a look at the Cat side. Pantera. All guys I know that have them say they ride awesome. They also have the overload.

Back