• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Subframe reinforcement

soldi

Expert
I put on the subframe reinforcement that "weldion" made. Top notch quality, fit and finish, a nice 10-15 minute job to get them on there. Will be fun to se what effect they will have on the snow. Snow conditions are good where I live and Im a "carefull" driver (at least not a wreckliess driver ;) so better safe than sorry on this one.

PicsArt_1383324360086.jpg

PicsArt_1383324419900.jpg

yes, Mine is ever so slightly tweaked, even after repairing the ovaled out hole. I've bent the same A-Arm twice (the second time was after I reinforced the A-arm) the bolts seem to give way before the frame bends. I was in a hurry and replaced the factory bolt with stronger 10.9 bolt which was a mistake.

So I am better off with replacing a-arms? I have bent 3 arms so far never from hitting a tree just holes and sometimes I dont even know what bent them.

You want to bend the a-arms before the subframe bends. With the reeinforcemnts (in theory) you will make sure that the subframe stays stright and the a-arms bend.. Cheaper to fix, for every time you bend an a-arm considerable force is put on the subframe thus weakening it.. this is where the better safe than sorry comes into play..

Yes I agree. Do you want to sell me some of these or should I make them myself? Waterjet would make quick work of it.

None of my bolt holes are egged out and nothing is bent. I think I will pass since with the Phazer design I dont see a benefit unless holes are egged out.

Nice to see that you are pleased with them, soldi =)
I bent my subframe last season and after that I made these reinforcements to protect me from that happening again.
I made some more sets than I needed myself. They are lasercut and powdercoated, so they will probably last a while. Better paint than on the subframe at least.

Ruggybuggy said:
weldion said:
17 USD without shipment. I don't know the cost to ship them to USA from Sweden.

How about a cost to ship to Canada? P9N 1G3 (postal code)

Between 18 and 23 USD. I can give you the exact numbers if you want. But it's either 18 USD or 23 USD =)

Back