• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suggestions protecting garage floor?

my son used my new floor to check his stud pattern when he was 14. pattern did look good tho.

the OSB sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll check into that. I'll be able to lay down most of the garadge if it's not to pricy.

Thank you for all the replies. :Rockon:

arteeex said:
I use a furniture dolly under the track and standard ski dollies up front. The furniture dollies are pretty cheap, support most of the track and roll around easily.

I also use Furniture dolly because our flooring is hardwood and we don't want it to have scratches. It is more easy to move the furniture using it rather than lifting it up. The first time I have known about is when my sister-in-law ask me to help her slide their old oak bookshelves to the dolly itself.

Lay down a couple of sheets of OSB, screw 2 pairs of 1x3 furring strips (the width of your skis/carbides) to them as ski guides about 1" apart. Drive in and back out, take it easy going in and out and I doubt the sheets will move much if any.

I have my garage floor covered with stall mats to protect it when I drive sleds in. I’m trying to figure out how to protect the 10 inch apron in front of the garage door that is outside when the door is closed. The carbides are beating this up. Ply wood don’t work. anyone have this problem solved?

Caliber products has an interesting, but a bit on the pricey side, solution with their Sled Wheels and Trax Wheels products. I saw them at the snowmobile show.

I've got an old conveyor belt I planned on using to protect the garage floor when we move to a place I can ride out of my garage.

I've got an old conveyor belt I planned on using to protect the garage floor when we move to a place I can ride out of my garage.
The belt works ok but it wants to #*$&@ out on you when you leave the garage, I have a couple pieces I’ve been using for awhile.

Bought a stall mat from TSC or now its call Peavy Mart. 4x8 rubber matt - sliced it into three 16" strips.

Drive up to the edge of the garage floor, slide the dollies under the skis then drive it in on the mat into the garage. Throw the 3rd dolly under the track and spin it around pointing it towards the door ready for the next outing.

Works well and is not too expensive.
MS

Back