1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Super bad fuel mileage after carburetor rebuild

Discussion in 'Engine & Clutching' started by James_B, Jan 12, 2019.

1. James_B

James_B Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2003 Yamaha RX1
    Hoping someone can help me out. Just completely rebuilt the carb on my RX1. Sled runs better than it ever has since I bought it, but I went 20 miles used 3/4 tank of gas!

3. Brotherdan

Brotherdan Pro

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2003 rx1er 136"mono 2 rear suspension conversion,muffin works extension, apex seat,apex bars,8"lake effect riser,gytr frontshocks,yamaheater,rocks ridelite,1987 enticer 340ltr 2100miles,1984 enticer 340,1996 wolverine 350,big wheel kit,winch,racks,cai
    Sounds like you must have a fuel leak somewhere?Cant imagine it using that much fuel&running good?When you say completely rebuilt does this mean you changed all the jets etc in all 4 carbs?if so did you use oem or aftermarket parts&Did you confirm all numbers&sizes were the same?