• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Super Q Silencer coming in soon and what to know

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
My super q silencer should be here in the next couple weeks! Can’t wait to get that bad boy on there! Anything to know about the super q? Has anyone had the slip on exhaust for a while and how’s it holding up? Some ppl say the nytro stutters sometimes with the super q on, is this true? Does it matter a lot or is it something that is fine to deal with and not really even noticeable? Or does the sled just run perfect with the new silencer the same as with the stock exhaust? The can is a lot smaller and different shape than stock can, does it still attach the same and easily? Just plan on throwing the can on and ripping like that, no extras. How will it do? Here’s a picture of what I ordered

Attachments

• 0E5DD093-569C-426C-A5F9-27E98DEAADC9.png
    0E5DD093-569C-426C-A5F9-27E98DEAADC9.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 124

I have a super Q on my supercharged phazer. It's been on it for 2k miles. Sounds great, but keeps cracking. Going to have to find a way to weld additional material to stop the cracks from forming. If your sled is naturally aspirated it may cause it to lean out slightly (perhaps the chatter you mentioned) if it is boosted you should be able to adjust fueling to compensate. I know on sport bikes you risk engine damage with high performance slip ons unless fueling is adjusted.

Nytro XTX here with an Ultra Q, so different pipe but same manufacturer. Mine cracked right down the center and had to get it welded. Be sure to keep an eye on yours. Mounting the Ultra Q was simple and I imagine the same goes for the Super Q.

I have a super Q on my supercharged phazer. It's been on it for 2k miles. Sounds great, but keeps cracking. Going to have to find a way to weld additional material to stop the cracks from forming. If your sled is naturally aspirated it may cause it to lean out slightly (perhaps the chatter you mentioned) if it is boosted you should be able to adjust fueling to compensate. I know on sport bikes you risk engine damage with high performance slip ons unless fueling is adjusted.
Is it the one shaped like the picture above or is is the one that is the same exact shape as the stock muffler?

Nytro XTX here with an Ultra Q, so different pipe but same manufacturer. Mine cracked right down the center and had to get it welded. Be sure to keep an eye on yours. Mounting the Ultra Q was simple and I imagine the same goes for the Super Q.
Super q is a circular shape muffler and untra q is larger and same shape as the stock, correct?

Is it the one shaped like the picture above or is is the one that is the same exact shape as the stock muffler?
Mine was the same shape as stock, only it had the cargo turnout welded on. I'll post pics when I remove it for the third time to patch weld it. I think they sound great, especially combined with the sound of a supercharger and BOV:sled2:

Mine was the same shape as stock, only it had the cargo turnout welded on. I'll post pics when I remove it for the third time to patch weld it. I think they sound great, especially combined with the sound of a supercharger and BOV:sled2:
Ah I see, yea mines just a cylinder shape so I’m hoping it’s different and don’t get any problems with it! I love it, sounds amazing! Loud but I like it! Only thing I notice is that the sled back fires a bit more when you’re almost stopped but that’s it, nothing horrible and it’s not annoying or anything, not huge backfires. Also the sled hesitates sometimes when u put the throttle to the bars but it’s also not horrible, still picks right back up after a little hesitation

Back