• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

supercharger belts???

obile

Pro
just bought a s/c for my 07 mtn looks as though the belts could be replaced.anyone have the part belt numbers to order from local parts supplier? how much do they cost and where do you s/c guys buy them?
also curious about the special transmission fluid used in the s/c?

The belts are available from a local gates supplier.

The Oil in the supercharger is supposed to be propriatary to the rotex charger and should only be bought direct from your provider. I swear the stuff smells identical to this stuff we use in a CVT transmission on a machine here at work and looks the same.

The belts should have the numbers on them. I can check for you this weekend I will be with my seld.

obile said:
THANKS JIM added to favorites any info on belts. the numbers on mine are unreadable?

The best place I could find was by going to http://www.gates.com/industrial/distributors/index.cfm?location_id=3342 and typing in my local zip code. I haven't gone to any of my local distributors yet but when I do; I'll just take my belt along with me. The guys there should be able to match the belt even though the numers are now gone.

I'm not sure it helps but I'm fairly certain that MPI is using a 14 mm wide PowerGrip GT 2 belt and pullies on these applications. Here's the direct link to the belt at Gates http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=921&location_id=743. Just take the belt to your local distributor for a cross reference to get the needed length.

Jim

Updating this post with correct information.

Apex/RX-1 Supercharger belts
-Crank to Supercharger jackshaft: 6008mgt20
-Jackshaft to Supercharger: 3848mgt20

Vector Supercharger belt:
6408mgt20

Any buddy every problems with they’re belt slipping off ?

Awesome thanks. I’ll have to give it a try I just took my tensioner pulley off because the old belt jumped off I’m running 25 tooth on top pulley and 29 tooth on crank pulley

Back