• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Superclamps question

mp5

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Just scored a sweet pair of Superclamp ll's. However, po did not have the E Track system. Has anyone here ever used the SC's and just screwed a hole in the trailer deck, installed the bolt and anchor it with the washer and nut?

Im a bit worried it may pull through unless I attach a bracket plate underneath (which I'll do), or buy a set of e tracks to spread the pressure out...and give me more attachment points

Just scored a sweet pair of Superclamp ll's. However, po did not have the E Track system. Has anyone here ever used the SC's and just screwed a hole in the trailer deck, installed the bolt and anchor it with the washer and nut?

Im a bit worried it may pull through unless I attach a bracket plate underneath (which I'll do), or buy a set of e tracks to spread the pressure out...and give me more attachment points

I have. Added Big fender washers and made sure on the under side had either trailer rib to tie into or add a flat plate to bolt thru.

No issues eh? SC's work well?

Do the plastic "keys" stay in place when ur moving down the road, after you've turned them down?

No issues eh? SC's work well?

Do the plastic "keys" stay in place when ur moving down the road, after you've turned them down?

No issues and yes, the keys stay locked in nicely. I have never had one pop out. Been running those clamps for the past 3 years.

My Toy Carrier trailer does not have a track system in the floor either. The hold downs are drilled through the floor with large washers on both sides. No problems in 6 years.

When I used them I attached lock keys to clamp with a loop of small coated cable. When you undo them keys stay safely attached.

Back