• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supertips 50YS vs Dalton DTYA-1 Weights

twyztid

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE - TD Power Trail, CAI, 3" Super Quiet
2012 RS Vector
2006 Apex GT
I have Supertips 50YS weights in my MPI turbo Viper loaded to 79.7 grams total weight. I have access to a set of Dalton DTYA-1 weights that I could try if I ever get a chance. The DTYA-1 weights weigh 74.6 grams empty with the bushing installed. The ramp profile of the DTYA-1 weights are more aggressive (curved) than my 50YS weights. What affect will the more aggressive ramp have for me. I have read that the flatter profiles require more weight than a more aggressive curved profile but is there any other benefit to the more aggressive profile?

0217202233.jpg
0217202234.jpg
0217202228.jpg
0217202235.jpg

0217202227.jpg

Did you try the Dalton DTYA-1 ?
Just read your post. I’m running a Hurricane 190 also used STM weights with 76.9 grams worked well but need replacing. Thinking of trying the Daltons. I think the STM are a soft material the edges are mushrooming. Thanks Bruce

Did you try the Dalton DTYA-1 ?
Just read your post. I’m running a Hurricane 190 also used STM weights with 76.9 grams worked well but need replacing. Thinking of trying the Daltons. I think the STM are a soft material the edges are mushrooming. Thanks Bruce

No, I didn't. I ended up finishing the season with the Supertips weights and bought a set of Thunder Products Heavy Hitters to try next season

Back