• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension set up for radar runs

Radarapex

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex
Hi everyone new to the site here I came here to ask you people who have experience radar running apex and what the best option is to do with my suspension I’ve heard to stiffen the rear shocks as much as possible and to loosen them as much as possible this past year I ran them at about in between and put my limiter straps at their longest settings and I can’t keep the front end down but only getting 93 sometimes 94 in a thousand feet I have the air box mod and gutted exhaust I see people bone stock getting 102. Assuming my problem is my suspension what do I do? Thank you

I haven't done radar runs for a couple decades but when I did here's some things I did:
-proper ski alignment is critical to reduce drag
-plain round bar ski runners as carbides can be high drag
-low windshield
-front suspension strapped down to keep the sled as low as possible
-front limiter strap as short as possible for little or no weight transfer and shallow track approach angle
-medium to stiff rear suspension spring setting or better yet strap it down for little movement
-proper track adjustment not too loose or too tight
-short lug light weight track
-clean and well maintained clutches
-proper chain tension
-synthetic chain lube
-don't gear it too high as you want the clutches @ 1:1 for best top speed
-lose weight both for rider and the sled
ect ect

I haven't done radar runs for a couple decades but when I did here's some things I did:
-proper ski alignment is critical to reduce drag
-plain round bar ski runners as carbides can be high drag
-low windshield
-front suspension strapped down to keep the sled as low as possible
-front limiter strap as short as possible for little or no weight transfer and shallow track approach angle
-medium to stiff rear suspension spring setting or better yet strap it down for little movement
-proper track adjustment not too loose or too tight
-short lug light weight track
-clean and well maintained clutches
-proper chain tension
-synthetic chain lube
-don't gear it too high as you want the clutches @ 1:1 for best top speed
-lose weight both for rider and the sled
ect ect
Ok thank you I will strap the rear down as much as I can and suck the limiters up as much as I can

Ok thank you I will strap the rear down as much as I can and suck the limiters up as much as I can

Try just lowering the front as much as possible and sucking up the front limiter straps first. The idea is to get a wedge shape from the front to back with little or no weight transfer.

Back