• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension upgrade for Apex Mountain?

obr

Lifetime Member
Website
www.techservices.no
Does anybody know of a suspension upgrade for Apex Mountain? The stock skid and shocks just don't do it for me when getting up to the mountains. What can be done?

Was also thinking of bying Fox Floats, as I think the stock Shocks s*cks...But I hear rumors that they may start to leak after a while? any help appreciated...

Yeah, haven't seen any leak myself, but spring is around the corner, and I can see a problem if you get sand on them. Might have to do this upgrade though... :yam:

shocks

Its not a leak its just when the air warms up they get more pressuer cause the air expands.I em also wondering on the rear suspension but i need something that will hold the front end down a bit more with the turbo.I was thinking of a m10 but there so expensive.
cheers

Skid

Im not sure but the guys doing the biig chutes sware by it but i want a all around good skid. i like to jump and everything to

I can give you a picture of my RX1.. a little creative photoshop'ing and you can convert the picture into an apex, since the back end/tunnel is identical. Would you like me to post it?

Attachments

• CIMG0221.jpg
    CIMG0221.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 136
  • CIMG0222.jpg
    CIMG0222.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 138
ExpertX is NOT a superlight skid. Its built like a tank. I think the guys who work at ad-boivin must be retired military engineers or something.

If you look at any of the TRUE mountain skids, like ekholm or mountain addiction, they are based on the same design as ExpertX (but weigh a lot less). Suspensions of this design (yes, that includes ExpertX as well) are particularly well suited for deep snow. Transfer is *excellent* and highly adjustable, plus they have a feature where at just the right moment, it will pull up on the front of the rail to get the sled onto plane rather than standing it up like an idiot.

The main difference with the ExpertX compared with other mountain skids is that yes, it is a bit heavier. Its still got to be 30 pounds less than proaction though :)

My 03 mountain skid weights 72lbs, with 159 ext's. Buddy dealer his ekholm weighted 49lbs, its a 162 skid, both on the same scale. Climbmax old sled, the 162 holz weighted in at 51lbs.

I don't know if any of the ekholm skids I rode where ever setup right. They climb okay, 98 MSRX 159, 02 Viper 159, 03 RX1 159, 03 RX1 Turbo 159, 06 Apex Turbo 162, sleds I have rode with an ekholm skid. On the trail there are #$%&* in my opion. I don't they are any better than my stock skid. I go any place they go. That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Back