• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

suspension

gamemaster

VIP Member
I currently ride a 91 phazer 2. My dad rides a 92 venture xl. Both are in very good condition with under 3000 miles. We are both happy with the power these sleds put out. We ride mostly groomed trails. I have heard that the new 07 phazer gt and 07 venture lite ride that much better. Our sleds ride great on smooth trails, but as soon as they get rough, the ride is very bumpy. Do the new sleds really ride that much better to consider buying new ones? Can someone who have ridden similar sleds give an opinon on this?
Thanks

Your sleds are like six generations old!! There is no comparison between yours and anything new today!! Find someones to ride, you'll see what we mean!!

Re: suspensions

gamemaster said:
Can someone explain to me how the new ones ride? Everyone says they ride better, but what does that mean?
Thanks

Well if you need a comparison.

Lets see,

Ride Comparison
1955 Ford Pickup truck with blown shocks,
vs
2000+ Lincoln Town car...

Handling Comparison
Geo metro
Vs.
Corvette

Any other questions?
Really man just go ride anything newer than a 98
and you'll see a world of difference between what
you ride now.

gamemaster said:
Can someone explain to me how the new ones ride? Everyone says they ride better, but what does that mean?
Thanks
You know how you sort of grit your teeth and brace for impact when you're riding "rough" trails and a little voice in your head is telling you that your body is going to be sore for the next few days?

With today's sleds, you'll ride the same trail, grit your teeth, brace for impact and.... you'll wonder what bump? Bumps that would send you to a chiropractor on older sleds are hardly even felt on the new GT models.

Your best bet is to attend a demo ride and see for yourself:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/event ... edule.aspx

Thanks everyone for the answer. Now another one. I don't ride very aggressive, should I get a phazer gt/fx or a 07 vector gt, or 08 vector gt. This is coming from someone who rides a 91 phazer 2.

The first one to rule out is the Phazer FX as it's designed for aggressive riding.

After that, I don't think you could go wrong with any of your choices.

Personally, I would opt for the Phazer GT as I feel it'll give you the best value for your money given your described riding.

Good luck with your decision and most importantly have fun. ;)!

Phazed-Coug said:
Handling Comparison
Geo metro
Vs.
Corvette

Just had to interject, hehe, my 1988 Chevrolet sprint (AKA Geo Metro) out handled a few vettes as well as some other high end cars at our local AutoX, with R-compounds on it of course :)

Actually I got 6th out of 150 for PAX time at a SCCA event in Grand Forks all stock hehe.

-Steve

BV1 said:
Phazed-Coug said:
Handling Comparison
Geo metro
Vs.
Corvette

Just had to interject, hehe, my 1988 Chevrolet sprint (AKA Geo Metro) out handled a few vettes as well as some other high end cars at our local AutoX, with R-compounds on it of course :)

Actually I got 6th out of 150 for PAX time at a SCCA event in Grand Forks all stock hehe.

-Steve

I was hoping not to find an autox'r in the mix... ;)

Although always wanted to get a convertible metro
drop a nice engine in it, and go SM2.... now that would
be interesting... ;)

Back to the topic at hand..

I am a big guy. I am 5'11" and weight 230 lbs not dressed in snowmobile clothes. The thing that scares me about the phazer is the narrow seat. Is it comfortable?

Back