• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Swamped grizzly

Arctic Yammy

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Vector RS90XTLH
So living on the tundra I overestimated a river crossing and the bike stayed in overnight up to the handlebars until the next day retrieval. Steps were taken and upon first start the solenoid is clickin...would somethin else cause that or is it just fried..? need alot of help..
Thanks

So living on the tundra I overestimated a river crossing and the bike stayed in overnight up to the handlebars until the next day retrieval. Steps were taken and upon first start the solenoid is clickin...would somethin else cause that or is it just fried..? need alot of help..
Thanks
Probably engine is locked because full of water. Remove spark plug and try to crank over.

Probably engine is locked because full of water. Remove spark plug and try to crank over.

Exaclty!! Need to gothru the steps to get the water out of the motor and then she will need to dry our for a few days then fresh charge on the battery.

Flush the engine multiple times(usually about three or four times), until the oil looks like it should.
(Drain engine, add new oil. Run for a minute or two. Repeat.)

Battery was fine then and still is now. I should have mentioned no pull start all electric. So that being said im still gettin the click from solenoid...I have drained it and done the oil thing...Im wondering if its the solenoid or not...IM not an electrical guuy.....not being short just frustrated...

I know you said you drained it but you didn’t state if you removed spark plugs. Water does not compress if the cylinders are full it will not turn over and starter will just click

Since solenoid is clicking you know it’s getting voltage from key. If you jump the two big terminals starter should turn over motor. If it doesn’t then battery or connections of the big wires to solenoid are bad,starter is shot or motor is locked up.

Yamajon1 is right you must let the water out of the combustion chamber by removing the Plugs or the starter CAN NOT TURN the motor over because the water will not compress like air will. I suspect that was part of your ‘drain the engine’ but just want to make sure.

after you are done flushing the engine oil out, make sure you clean and re grease the clutches as it can get expensive with worn out parts if you do not. there is a grease less kit that only needs to be drained if you swamp the quad.

pull the plug and confirm that it cranks. had to do that on my atv when i swamped it. also make sure the air box is empty as mine was full of water and that caused mine to hydrolock multiple times.

Back