• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Switched To Apex

Capt. Storm, or any other's new to Apex WELCOME TO TY.

These sleds feel very different and many complain about things that are real but not always what you think.

Most common, and I had this bad at first is "darting all over ski's suck etc" in reality the compression braking was making a slight to moderate hunt or dart very unnerving on the trail.

What I noticed when I rode my Apex like my prior performance two strokes was I would always just release the throttle and try to coast, on off the throttle all the time and the sled would dart and dance and drive me nuts.

NOW imagine on your two stroke if every time you let go of the throttle you always grabbed some brake, shifted the weight to the skis and the sled hunted and darted around on the trail. You would understand that and just not grab brake but let it coast.

Now on my Apex I know it will not coast with out compression braking and wt shift to the ski's. So I don't just release the throttle any more. Drive it like a muscle car with a manual transmission and then you will love it. Also I shimmed the ski's and went with good carbides, I choose bergstom but other good ones out there.

Get the ski's and rear suspension set up for you and you will have an unbelievable ride.

Oh yea and a 'Permagrin'

Yamadoo

about the oil stick, you have to make sure it goes into the hole inside the oil tank before screwing it down. goes in real easy.

yamadoo said:
Capt. Storm, or any other's new to Apex WELCOME TO TY.

These sleds feel very different and many complain about things that are real but not always what you think.

Most common, and I had this bad at first is "darting all over ski's suck etc" in reality the compression braking was making a slight to moderate hunt or dart very unnerving on the trail.

What I noticed when I rode my Apex like my prior performance two strokes was I would always just release the throttle and try to coast, on off the throttle all the time and the sled would dart and dance and drive me nuts.

NOW imagine on your two stroke if every time you let go of the throttle you always grabbed some brake, shifted the weight to the skis and the sled hunted and darted around on the trail. You would understand that and just not grab brake but let it coast.

Now on my Apex I know it will not coast with out compression braking and wt shift to the ski's. So I don't just release the throttle any more. Drive it like a muscle car with a manual transmission and then you will love it. Also I shimmed the ski's and went with good carbides, I choose bergstom but other good ones out there.

Get the ski's and rear suspension set up for you and you will have an unbelievable ride.

Oh yea and a 'Permagrin'

Yamadoo

Thanks...what you just said makes alot of sense.I only got one ride in on it(100 miles) ...and didnt get to play with it much..plus the B.B spring was still in it.
But believe me ,the motor was putting a smile on my face...and it was good to fill up and take just about half what my storm takes..no buying two stroke oil here anymore!

Capt.Storm said:
sleddah said:
Storm, you interested in selling that BIG BOY spring?? PM me and let me know I am interested in it. How old is it?

Sleddah
I should try the stock spring to be sure..but I only weigh maybe 165 geared up ,so I'm thinking I might as well give someone a deal on it.
I dont know what thier worth..I would take half.
The spring dosent have 300 miles on it..thats what the guy told me...put it in this past fall...still wasent happy and picked up a 600rr...they must be a stiff sled to hold up his 280 lbs...lol.

I think they are around $90ish new. can u PM me with what you would sell it for. I am ready to buy it

Back