• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Switching the 1-up, 2-up block

wacnstac

Pro
Can someone post the technique to flip this block back and forth. I struggle to do so with my hands. The manual says something about a tool. What does the tool look like? Can I substitute something else?

I think you're supposed to do it with a wrench. I've flipped mine up and has been there since forever. The owners manual should explain it.

Google Phazer / Venture Lite It is a PDF file. Page 37 of this file has an illustration that should help a bit.

I think you will find a tool in your kit that looks like a spark plug wrench(maybe it is a spark plug wrench come to think of it). Anyway the white block has a hex receptacle that the socket fits into. Like Mooseman, mine is in permanent 2up. If I remember correctly the same tool fits the rear suspension adjuster also. Your manual makes other helpful and obvious suggestions like making sure you do both sides. I think they only put that in for old people who are really losing it ... like me.

Hey Trail Traveller, how the hell did you do that? Apparently I have a copy of my manual on my computor now so I can just leave my print copy in the outhouse.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting that page from the manual. Makes me wonder if a regular socket of the correct size will work as well.

I think you need the actual tool. IIRC, it's a hole in the form of a hex.

Hey Trail Traveller, how the hell did you do that? Apparently I have a copy of my manual on my computor now so I can just leave my print copy in the outhouse.

Thanks!
Sweet! :D The short answer would be, internet search then copy and paste that info here. Hope that is helpful. If you "bookmark" that link, that info will always be one click away for future reference.

I always download and save a copy because things tend to disappear on the Net.

I don't even bother with the tool, just pull the spring up and rest it on the idler wheel and flip up block and place the spring on the two up block and it's done! No tools required! Cheers!

Back